action cinema 2010 - 2019

ip man cinematic universe

3 Likes

Bruce Lee is the new Bruce Wayne

they’re going to do full length movies and like 8 seasons of TV about everyone within six degrees of him but never actually make a movie about Bruce Lee

i am choosing to ignore birth of the dragon even though phillip ng would be great in a different movie

1 Like

hey they did that bruce lee biopic last year where he was a secondary character to a pretend white guy named steve

they are making his original pitch for “Kung Fu” into a tv show now though

1 Like

I edited my post lol

That movie was predictably bad but it still had its moments

Steve was a mistake

1 Like

I mean is it possible to make a movie about Bruce Lee that isn’t a documentary? His whole appeal was his unique charisma married to this extremely specific physical kineticism that isn’t copyable by any other actor, no matter how cool + able they may be in their own right.

It’s like in 30 years are they gonna try to make a Jackie Chan movie, that would be such a bad move

2 Likes

fun to think of how many millions of dollars it cost to do this when jaden smith is right there

1 Like

I’m here for Ang Lee basically just taunting John Woo at this point

3 Likes

I wanna put his face

on

3 Likes

what’s the frame rate of this puppy? we lookin at a stable 120 here, with minor dips when there’s a lot of enemies onscreen? looks at least like a solid 90. maybe this is the console port though

1 Like

Punished “Venom” Smith

2 Likes

somebody owes musashi money

1 Like

Is that not just Looper again?

2 Likes

So there’s a new terminator, protecting a human target and it’s up against two evil terminators. And the new terminator is being mentored by Sarah Conner and a mysteriously still alive old T-800. All the new action scenes are mostly CG with a spattering of practical effects.

This looks worse then Salvation.

at least genysis was bad in an interesting way

2 Likes

face replacement for jogging
face replacement for crouching
face replacement for taking a stroll in the park

only on paper

You think after all these years the thing that got Cameron back was someone whispering in his ear “two really jacked maternal figures”?

4 Likes

Holy moly, Mackenzie Davis looks waaaay different than she did in “Tully”. Didn’t even realize she’s the same person.

i tried to watch genisys on an airplane and every minute felt like an hour. i kept nodding off and waking up and then realizing that a single scene had not ended yet. i eventually realized that just sitting in silence was a better way to pass the time

2 Likes