ACTION 5 NEWS with Chuck Scarsdale

This game is scratching a lot of design itches for me. Love that the map doesn’t mark the player’s position so you have to properly navigate the world without waypoints and totally accurate player position.

2:06 I can be a centipede!? :open_mouth:

12 Likes

Not just a centipede, it looks like this game will allow you to recreate Rubber (2010)

I also like the map system!

6 Likes

Yeah every time I see a trailer for this game I go “hey that’s pretty damn swell”

1 Like
15 Likes

they did a great job on the overlay too!

3 Likes

:flushed:

must-play 2023!

1 Like

the Vectrex homebrew scene is making me think dangerous and irresponsible things

“i should buy a Vectrex…”

8 Likes

These are very good.

5 Likes

I regret never playing the original in its “heyday”

1 Like
11 Likes

New Eng translation, game converted by M2!

10 Likes

Worse than megaman legends 3 Resident Evil 4 Remake devs wanted to make another chainsaw controller, but didn't have enough time | VG247

7 Likes

What secrets were added?

this is such a baffling game. “red scare binfinite”? strange glossy but off-kilter production values. all of the promo material is of a disney ride vertical slice or quick cuts of combat.

0451 games with a chatty player character feel so wrong

7 Likes

Not sure whether this is the only secret, but apparently if you beat both Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers and then view credits from the menu, at the end of the credits there’s a new little text blurb with some lore stuff.

1 Like

The game has gone through some really rough and toxic production from the sounds of things. I wouldn’t be surpprised if it’s just a bunch of cool art assets barely duct-taped together with a game loop of backpedalling while unloading your WEAPON into ENEMY.

2 Likes

it actually does look more like a leninist disney world than anything else I’ve ever seen so I don’t think the art direction can be called a total failure, but it also just feels gross as a project

2 Likes

always a good sign when I have to pause a video after every line of dialog to recover

3 Likes

THREADS CLOSED QUIT RUBBERNECKING (News VI: Fires of Rumorcon).