5 games that give a feel of who you are.

Uh hmm
Smash Bros for 3ds
Digimon World Dusk
Soul Blazer
Gotcha Force
R.A.D Robotic Alchemic Drive

This is pretty much most stuff im into yeah

2 Likes

Shiren the Wanderer
Doom 2
Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Souls 2
Etrian Odyssey 2

i had to think a bit about the last two, since I kind of wanted to go with old pc rpgs or some particular wizardry game, but frankly i have trouble connecting with them anymore. all those, though, heck yeah.

4 Likes

no love for Bill Laimbeer’s Combat Basketball?

5 Likes

Arcanum
Quake
Pirates!

and two more games I guess…

2 Likes

tulpa the demon-fighting steampunk pirate

wanted to go
Split Second
F-Zero GX
Ikaruga
ENTHUSIA
and Nier Automata

but joke answer doesn’t work if it’d like this

which is a good take on this topic, because what if she was really serious about it, how unlikely that may be.

i like Katamari being proposed - how can you coin the term oddball better than that, having lots of charme hidden?

SotC is perfect for saying i’d go to hell and bail you out.

God Hand… i’d fight hell to hold you?.. :wink:

Sim City… Light Rail Vehicles > Cars…

… i guess i got lost somewhere.

3 Likes

I like these justific/explanations. More of us should add some …

1 Like

If I interpret the question as ‘games that you’d use as bonding experiences for a significant other’, I’d mostly stick to multiplayer games:

• Turtles in Time — Every roommate I’ve played this with loved it, so its a safe bet to start off with.
  • Mario Kart — A good test of their anger management skills.
  • Yoshi’s Cookie — Probably the chillest vs. puzzle game.
  • Gunstar Heroes — Throwing the other player is pretty much like hugging, right?
  • Snipperclips — And really, when you think about it this game is pretty much a metaphor for necking.

If I interpret the question as ‘games that, independent of a shared experience with me, would give the significant other some insight into me as a person’ the list might be different:

• The Proving Grounds of ZZT — I want to be the Head Honcho Monster Master when I grow up.
  • Cave Story — “So long as you retain your spirit of exploration, surely you shall find your way out. This I believe.”
  • F-Zero GX — Gotta go fast.
  • SkiFree — Death is inevitable and will consume us all. Enjoy life while you can.
  • Sub-Terrania — “If you really loved me, you’d let me get that guy’s mullet.”
5 Likes

Aaaaaaaa i could see that RT- was typing a response when I was… there was a little icon thing

I’m man enough to admit I would really dig it if my lover was also my 3S sparring partner

3 Likes

oh no

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Defender
Marathon Infinity
Mount & Blade: Warband
Samurai Shodown III

itt I reinforce how hard I’ll be dying alone in a cave :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I love that

jet set radio
kane and lynch 2
jet set radio future
papers, please
noby noby boy

acab

5 Likes

Oh and earthbound

i played through earthbound over several days with the first person i dated, near the beginning of our relationship. I was watching a family friend’s house for the week and she stayed with me nearly the whole time :slight_smile:

edit: can’t believe i forgot the incredibly shmaltzy detail that i named ness and paula after me and her

2 Likes

i’m fascinated by the dichotomy in this list

max payne 3 - the most miserable man in the world

conquest of the longbow - good outlaw values, starts with you shooting to death a cop terrorizing a peasant woman

metal gear solid 2 - goes off the rails and you start questioning what’s real, solidus is a hero

kane & lynch dead men - cheap michael mann knockoff

deadly premonition - cheap twin peaks knock off

4 Likes

ME1 is an acquired taste, fine, the rest are all great, but DA:I is such garbage

I know the ladies love their bioware but still

we love katamari
tony hawk’s underground 2
half life 2 deathmatch but now, where the only players are like 14 russian guys w bad microphones
seaman 2: peking man rearing kit
lsd: dream emulator but mostly for the music and graphic design

6 Likes

no love for Bill Laimbeer’s Combat Basketball?

what the actual fuck how did you know

ok, here we go

PilotWings (SNES, 1990)
Earthbound (SNES, 1994)
Wave Race 64 (N64, 1996)
Shadow Tower (PSX, 1998)
Katamari Damacy (PS2, 2004)

subject to change at any time

3 Likes