5 games that give a feel of who you are.

Saw this tweet making the rounds and thought it would make a good thread:

Cuz I’m TWIZTED it would be:
Metal Gear Solid 2
Killer 7
Silent Hill 4
Yume Nikki
Majora’s Mask

8 Likes

you probably shouldn’t tell someone who you want to have sex with to play killer 7 tbh

11 Likes

I wonder what everyone thinks my list will be

Bubsy
Bubsy 2
Bubsy 3D
Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales

10 Likes

I struggle with the part of this question that takes for granted that games can ever be as accessible or as straightforwardly meaningful as books or films but my working list is

mother 3
mother 3
mother 3
mother 3
mother 3

3 Likes

i think “tell to play” is putting it too strong but if i had to put together like a haunted cd-rom for someone to find
symbol
chop suey
sky kid
ghosts of aliens
super mario land 2

5 Likes

OK I thought about it some more and bennett’s new game is probably one of the most recommendable things that would fit here

Star Fox
The Last of Us
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Persona 3
Super Hexagon

Frankly I don’t even know if this is the right list, any of them could be swapped for something else and the resulting list paints a completely different picture of me. Guess I don’t have an identity

2 Likes

Heavy metal…silent killer… But also a dreamer, when I take off my mask…

1 Like

i love Earthbound like a good son but I would’t ever make someone play an aged SNES JRPG for many hours just to get to the most meaningful parts. this has been somewhat true for a lot of games i’d show to someone i really love

so i think i’m gonna make this a “Games-To-Play-On-Dates Mixtape” so i could see who they really are, while showin’ my side too.

Kirby’s Dream Course
Typing of the Dead
Videoball
Katamari Damacy
Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style

5 Likes

God Hand

5 Likes

Homeworld
Stardew Valley
Gears of War 2
Ribbit King Frolf
X-Com Original Flavor™

3 Likes

Garfield: Caught in the Act
Super Tux Kart
BMX XXX
Yo! Noid
Train Simulator 2013

9 Likes

Kickle Cubicle
Happy Feet
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan
Sensible Soccer
Sim Ant

4 Likes

off the dome i’m thinking

sky odyssey
final fantasy xi
boku no natsuyasumi
shutokou battle 0
shadow of the colossus

basically i am just a barren polygonal landscape

10 Likes

I’m gonna completely eschew the “make someone else play this” part and just list some games that made a huge impact on me growing up.

Earthbound
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Bubble Bobble
Sanitarium
Silent Hill 2

NiGHTS is a game that feels like you’re showing off who you are as you play it. I was in Columbus, Ohio for a librarian conference last year and they threw a big gala party thing at a local museum that had a huge videogame exhibit going. As a grad student, I hardly knew anyone at the conference, but I had to be there for work and I had to make an appearance at this event. I didn’t really want to be there and I wasn’t in a huge socializing mood, so I ended up hanging out in this awesome arcade the museum had set up, where you could play classics from every major console. They had a Saturn hooked up with NiGHTS going, and I ended up spending hours playing through it, with librarians occasionally walking by and watching briefly. That game is so gorgeous, and it feels so elegant to play, it’s almost like you’re performing acrobatics.

6 Likes

oh god i forgot about Tokyo Jungle
that’s in there at some point

2 Likes

Crap, I’d want Crypt Worlds in mine I think. Too many games!

1 Like

OUTRUN 2
LEISURE SUIT LARRY
LADYKILLER IN A BIND
WWF NO MERCY
MR DRILLER DRILL LAND

I’m 100% not a pervert.

9 Likes

Nice! I love that game

1 Like