5 games that give a feel of who you are.

Sim Ant
The Sims
Sim City
Sim Earth
Sins of a Solar Empire

10 Likes

Sanitarium does not get nearly enough credit at all. I snagged it for $5 from the software bargain bin at Target when I was around 13. I had no idea what it was, and snagged it on a whim based on the box art and based on a love for PC adventure games. It blew my damn mind. It’s uneven and janky but it has more imagination packed into 5 minutes than most games fit into 60 hours.

Probably just my favourite ones

I cannot be summarised with mere vidconia

1 Like

Wait I guess I changed my mind

6 Likes

max payne 3
conquest of the longbow
metal gear solid 2
kane & lynch dead men
deadly premonition

6 Likes

Barkley: Shut up and Jam!

Barkley: Shut up and Jam: Gaiden

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

B-Ball Vidcons of the 20th and Early 21st Century: An Interactive Exploration Guided By Charles Barkley [History of Vidcons Vol. 11]

Basketball

6 Likes

Shin Megami Tensei 3
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Suikoden 1
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Basically, I liked anime in the 90s, I probably have a personality disorder and on top of that, there’s some obsessive compulsion shit going on, as well, and I occasionally like to follow virtual pedestrians around in a car while honking a horn at them and causing them to freak the fuck out like a Radiohead video.

5 Likes

I don’t think this works, but lets try it

silent hill 2
world of warcraft, sorry everyone
ico
super street fighter 2 turbo (or third strike??? maybe just league of legends…)
final fantasy vi

3 Likes

super mario bros riven ico dark souls night in the woods.

3 Likes

Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Legend III

3 Likes

Puyo Puyo Tsu
Puyo Puyo Sun
Puyo Puyo Fever
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Puyo Pop for the N-Gage

9 Likes

Okay, my real list is:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Star Fox 64
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Metal Gear Solid 2
Spelunky

2 Likes

I’d never do this with games or movies or anything, but–

• Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Destroy Your Home
  • Japan Game
  • Car Park Dream
  • some Picross game maybe
2 Likes

Probably just 5 of the biggest pain in the ass masocore games, because being in relationship with me would also be an exercise in frustration.

3 Likes

dang, Animal Crossing: NL is maybe one of my favorite games ever made, and my gf had never played it until we met, then she became obsessed

so that one is a good choice

2 Likes

My GF got obsessed with Shiren the Wanderer after I introduced it to her. I had put in maybe 300 hours before moving on and she played it for well over a thousand. She gently mocks me for never finishing Fei’s Final Puzzle in its harder DS variant which is now mostly trivial for her

8 Likes

Uru
Pathologic
Off Platform
Space Funeral (respect)
Final Fantasy VIII

I don’t think I’d want a significant other who would submit to such a thing, though. The only game my wife ever played regularly was OG Animal Crossing, and she quit playing that because one of the wolves made her cry. The animals were needlessly and randomly cruel in that game. Like, she was all excited about this letter she had written it and the wolf just shut her down. They changed the tone a lot for the later ones.

4 Likes

I’d be like “don’t play videogames, they’re bad”

8 Likes

But then if they were like “no, I insist, you must tell me games to play” I guess I’d do like

Journey
The Room series (cellphone)
Alpha Protocol
The Last Of Us
Europa Universalis IV

3 Likes

Hard to know what 5 games suggest my texture and vibes, to another.

But on the quick draw maybe

MGS 3
SMT 3
DMC 3
Xenogears
MTV Music Generator

Runners up: some Soulsshit or Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom

2 Likes