2017 IS THE YEAR OF GAMES

I ain’t talkin about maps, man. Doesn’t count if you can’t see it. The aesthetic is part of the point!

I really like heavy ambient occlusion :sweat:

2 Likes

AO is a nightmare to tune, especially if you have a game with long vistas and small things close up. I’ve seem a bunch of small teams give up on it because they could never get it right enough.

snek is out

Please get it. I want to know your opinion. I didn’t like the demo at GDC

I got it! have a relatively busy workday and a houseguest so I might not get too much time to try it until later in the week, but I’ll be very surprised if I dislike it, it’s right up my snek alley

The snek blinks. :expressionless:

Toukiden 2 is getting good reviews.

Rain World my guys

everyone is saying it’s needlessly punishing

then again they said that about snake pass too and I think that was very wrong

Who are these everyones dammit

The internet at large is saying it. Brooks are you playing it? Will you be the dissenting opinion?!

I played like 5 minutes at 2am this morning and got killed by rain but that seemed not immediately forbidding

So I guess I shall see

It’s getting mixed love it or hate it type reviews which is interesting. It’s also gorgeous looking and only $20. I was thinking about getting it when I read it being spoken of in the same breath as Mark of the Ninja.

arika have released a video of street fighter ex characters fighting with modern hd graphics

of course it’s an april fools joke

but the game’s going to be playable at some events in japan at some point? and a lot of effort has clearly gone into this. and there’s some kind of mysterious mode selector thing at the bottom of the screen on each player’s side

2 Likes

fwiw, mihara has confirmed that the april fool’s joke is that they kept a lid on it until deciding to announce it on april fool’s day.

so it’s not a joke. it’s a real game that is going to be happening.

3 Likes

I guess Lab Zero couldn’t own the best video game April Fool’s joke forever.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 has a demo.

It’s all live action and happy and traveling blue skies and woohoo party time. It’s a realtime Dragon Quest, essentially.

It makes me wonder what DQ9 would’ve been before the combat overhaul.

I forgot that Not-Saints’ Row 5 game is coming out in a few months, and the PS4 Spider Man game. Jesus, when even stuff I’m interested in gets lost in the shuffle…

I’m a little ambivalent about not saints row 5, it seems like they’re doubling down on the always-mediocre shooting without actually making it any better, plus the character design is as overdone as everything else these days

that said I have endless goodwill for 4