2017 IS THE YEAR OF GAMES

How is it no one has mentioned Routine?? Come on guys!

An Eastern European WRPG with just about the best writing Iā€™ve ever read

Matterfall.

I got good vibes from the trailer.

i donā€™t really know how to describe pathologic besides 'incredibly atmospheric and well-writtenā€™
thereā€™s a demo of this remake on steam as of a couple of days ago

ā€˜the closest a game has come to literatureā€™

my bookshelf is the closest a video game has ever come to literature

mostly a bunch of DS games i havenā€™t touched in years

7 Likes

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/22/15-minute-absolver-gameplay-walkthrough

This is looking so sick. If Nier automata didnā€™t exist this would have all my froth for the year.

Itā€™s so obvious this is going to be the good for honor without ubisoft crap

3 Likes

Please a game like that but Bushido Blade with permadeath.

ugh i wish i had a PC capable of playing this

looks like a riot

art direction is maybe a little too overwatchy

Thimbleweed Park is out this Thursday. Maybe this will be the Lucasarts revival for me.

I mean, on the one hand in theory I like the idea of a Chivalry thatā€™s more expressive and fantastic.

On the other hand this looks ugly, thanks a lot Overwatch.

On the other other hand a mostly untapped era like the medieval Middle East would be a great opportunity to actually make something historical-looking and not fantastical.

1 Like

^Ā 

Iā€™d kill for a game that looked like the Legend of Arslan 90s OVA (Ok, Central Asia is pretty different from western asia but in the medieval period there was pretty significant overlap. Still, the Shahnameh is basically untapped piece of mythohistory as far as video games go)

1 Like

(I also think the character design in Absolver looks hideous. And people really need to tone down this ambient occlusion shit, it makes everything look dead.)

1 Like

plz explain ā€œambient occlusionā€

One of the reasons Medieval 2 is my favorite Total War despite its obvious mechanical flaws is the crusader-era warfare. I honestly canā€™t think of another game that depicts actual historical medieval Middle East instead of some weird Arabian Nights version filtered through Disneyā€™s Aladdin. (Ok Assassinā€™s Creed I guess???)

I canā€™t believe you forgot about Crusader Kings 2 here

(I still havenā€™t tried playing outside of europe because they kept doing more expansions to the europe part and I kept starting over like a dummy)

Might be better to watch a video or something, but itā€™s the fake little shadows where shapes join together, basically.

So itā€™s one of those tricks to help make graphics ā€˜popā€™, but people overdo it so itā€™s the wrong scale and shit just looks like clay. All the other backed lighting doesnā€™t help either. This game isnā€™t the worst example of it.

(I donā€™t expect other people to care about this)

1 Like