Zelda: Cries of the Commonwealth

I don’t think we have a Tears of the Kingdom thread? Feel free to merge this in with mod hand powers if I’m mistaken.

I’m excited to play this tonight even though (1) it looks very similar to the game they put out six years ago, (2) it will likely hitch pretty badly on the Switch, and (3) they seem to have doubled down on all the fiddly menu stuff.

The caboose of the hype train is a live demo this evening from Nintendo Treehouse.

5 Likes

having been very selective about what i read/see about this game i am planning on spending the day meditating on the fact that the last time they did one this way they turned around majora’s mask in like a year and a half or whatever, and this time they took six years. and then i will blast it into my eyeballs all weekend

i mean idk, i fired up botw with no expectations back then and i distinctly remember it making my want to crash my car almost the whole time i played it

(i am tempering my expectations a bit by reminding myself it couldn’t possibly be as good as the first reveal trailer four years ago made it look tho, like you just walk silently through caves leading a pack mule elephant thing to water and over bridges, looking for underground freaks)

5 Likes

this is a long dull video to say it is kind of miraculously performant with crunchy image quality

i’m excited to learn about the ZONAI that have been stirring people into a frenzy with some vaguely premodern textures depicting a dragon or something

7 Likes

we also have an unmarked spoilers thread in the axe btw

https://selectbutton.net/t/illegal-zelda-thread-unmarked-spoilers-posting-also-btw/13674/10

4 Likes

Sequel To The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild is such a good title, why did they change it?

9 Likes

Love the thread title

6 Likes

Zelda: Breath of the Fire

3 Likes

zelda:

9 Likes

I’ve changed

16 Likes

I keep thinking “it’s neat that they have them speaking some Hylian language this time” but then I remember I set the VA to French (Canada)

25 Likes

zelda: merde de la tabarnak

9 Likes

Zelda: On finit pu de brailler dans ce maudit royaume

6 Likes

i set it to russian

2 Likes

I set it to Italian because it’s a little bit parsable to my ear, but mostly unfamiliar. The demon king guy in the opening gets a great performance in that dub.

2 Likes

nintendo is trying to trick me into buying these 2 game vouchers for $100 because this game costs 70 dollars american but i don’t want any of these other games i’m pretty sure??? would i really pay $30 to play slightly fancier advance wars in 2023?

2 Likes

i did this for splatoon 3 because felix said “worst case you can get the new zelda in a bit” and here we are i guess

2 Likes

yeah i fucked up and should have gotten them for splatoon 3 this is the worst. gonna play more splatoon 3 in protest.

2 Likes

I got the Japanese version, which is only $50. The yen is like the opposite of the Canadian dollar: everything seems like a deal with it

5 Likes

do you have to restart the system to play it in another region? i might pay $20 not to do that because i’ve been doing ring fit recently and that sounds like a pain to switch back and forth.

is this kirby game any good? what the fuck am i even saying?

my brain latches onto really stupid consumer tricks like this. what if i saved $30 AND didn’t have to make this decision. that sounds optimal to me.

1 Like

Switch game region is permanently tied to the region of the account that bought it, even if a different account plays it. It takes an internal in-game setting to change language after purchase, which I don’t think exists in this case (I can change the voice acting but not the text)

I got it to practice my Japanese and the money saving is a side effect.

4 Likes