Zelda: Breath of the Wild

wind waker did this too and it was smarvy

my lynel strategy involves dodging all their attacks, going for headshots when possible (especially via fire updrafts), and then running in, attacking a few times and then mounting them right before they recover to get in a few more attacks

I havenā€™t actually tried to fight one without using cheesy strats like that but tbh even that approach is satisfyingly challenging and dynamic

If it looks really cool and feels good to fight 'em that way I would not consider it cheesing.

Now, if you were standing outside their ā€œawareness zoneā€ and spamming arrows or whatever. Thatā€™s pretty cheesy.

I felt kind of bad that during the final zelda of the colossus fight, Zelda had to be like no USE THE UPDRAFT you dingus after I failed to land the final hit a dozen times and even had to start that part over once

Iā€™m also gonna assume that korok seeds are visible through some graphical effect that isnā€™t emulated properly because by the time I beat the game I had found a grand total of three

anyhow, while the narrative is honestly too damn bad for me to recommend this over something like witcher 3 ā€“ I canā€™t think of any other game Iā€™ve enjoyed this much whose ending cutscenes I readily skipped ā€“ I really do think itā€™s like, hands down the best assassinā€™s creed, easily the best zelda (and the only absolutely worthwhile one) apart from linkā€™s awakening which isnā€™t even a close comparison, the most inviting (i.e. non first-person-stealth-heavy) immersive sim of this quality and scope, and the best thing to come out of nintendo in a decade.

also, the wonderful overworld design and traversal and the extent to which the game is carried by that reminds me that still way too few of you have taken my just cause 3 recommendation

wow three korok seeds is the craziest thing iā€™ve ever heard

what would happen when you finished a random environment puzzle? Thereā€™s a musical sting and a quick cutscene; did it just pan over to nothing?

well, see, I only found two of these

the real korok seeds were the friendships we made along the way

it was at the point where I kept wondering what the little icon on the loading screen with the 2 (and, eventually, the 3) next to it was, like ā€œit looks like one of the slime jellies, why would it be counting those?ā€

utter madness

do you strap on horse blinders before you play?

do you lack the urge to put things in their proper place
to pick toys up off the ground?

that Zelda and so many other games build puzzles out of cleaning your room is troubling but I still recognize the hooks

you have abandoned all compulsion, and must now be the ubermensch

no,

the ubergamer

1 Like

hi tim

3 Likes

i am also struggling to come to terms with the fact that you only found 3 of the puzzles

like, what about the oddly out of place flowers grouped in sets of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 that you have to touch in order?

or the big wooden buttons at the tops of mountains and hills?

the pinwheels? did you not touch those, orā€¦??

you know, you can just pick up rocks and koroks appear sometimes.

I guess this is how I get through big games relatively quickly

wiat, felix finished the game with only three korok seeds? what the hell

1 Like

Felix must play video games like my 8 year old nephew. Just cuts a path straight through to the end. No distractions, no dilly dallying around just right on from point A to B to C to etc. until the credits roll.

did it not drive you mad having such a tiny inventory the whole game

no I love restrictions in games

there were a few times where I had to work out what I had that was flammable and how much so in order to solve a puzzle because I couldnā€™t be bothered to hang onto a torch but I found that more fun if anything

I also finished the game today.

I hadā€¦ idk, about 340 or so korok seeds.

3 might be saner than that.

There is no post-Ganon. If you load up your save it is right before the final battle.