Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I keep myself ignorant about most games i know i’ll want to play someday, but the couple things i’ve seen on twitter of this are truly great. i’ve heard you can follow a shooting star and find loot where it crashes, for example! :open_mouth:

I won’t have it in my hands for at least a year though. Only once that new Mario and a couple more things are out there I’ll be able to justify the purchase. Anyway, looks like Nintendo is going in a very good direction.

honestly I don’t know what to do. I can prooobably afford to buy something new next month, and I was all set to get a PS4 and the last guardian, but having watched clips of zelda a couple of times at the shop, I really don’t know whether to get a switch instead. this kind of maybe looks like my dream ‘forever game’, that I could play this and only this for the next however long. and there’s already a used copy at my local shop: ¥6380 instead of ¥6580. bargain

Once you buy your forever game you get shuffled off to forever land and you’ll never care about another game ever again

1 Like

They definitely could have changed a couple dozen lines of spoken dialogue and let you play as Zelda while Link fends off Ganon in the castle. Zelda has more characterization than she’s ever had, but I would be more interested in exploring as her in a future game.

that’s the plan~

10 Likes

No Hookshots is maybe the sexiest thing you can say about a Zelda game in 2017.

4 Likes

I strongly recommend everyone to at least make an attempt at getting as far into Hyrule Castle as they can even when you’re totally not ready for it. There are a surprising amount of secret entrances into it and if you can just Solid Snake your way around for a bit (stealth potions help) you will soon find some real powerful weapons lying around that you can use to hold your own against the enemies in there (will still probably die in one hit though so be cautious). You will eventually run into some forced combat encounters that may be too much to handle but until then it’s really fascinating to see just the design of the place (also has real cool music)

I like how the game very early on gives you several side quests that directly asks you to do a quick raid of the place like this and drops hints about the many ways you can approach it.

EDIT PROTIP: A lot of the rooms in there have some metal junk lying around which if you finagle around a bit with magnet powers you can whittle down the health of enemies slowly but relatively safely from a distance since their AI can’t quite handle it.

4 Likes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/03/04/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-curing-me-of-an-addiction-i-didnt-know-i-had/#1a53f4751144

2 Likes

Forbes continues to be the Teen Vogue of insightful video game commentary

5 Likes

oh shit they brought back [spoiler]lynels!?

[/spoiler]

i missed those little big dudes

1 Like

I keep thinking about this game.

I feel like the Last Starfighter, except the game I was playing is the first Zelda game.

1 Like

burp

5 Likes

everyone this game is really good

even people who usually hate mainstream games are loving it

1 Like

yeah if I didn’t have torment and nier to play until strafe and snake pass come out I would legitimately regret having sold my WiiU to another sber at what I perceived to be a strategic time

good job nintendo

oh i played snake pass at gdc, it’s tops

1 Like

I think this also solidifies that WiiU got significantly more good or near-essential games than Wii did over the course of its lifespan; even if your list is just 3D World, Mario Maker, maybe one of Platinum’s releases, and this, that’s still a whole lot more than “Sin and Punishment 2, which was emulated at release”

A guy I work with who’s playing the game told me they can be ridden as mounts.

The more I hear about this game the more I’m like yeah maybe I’ll get the Switch sooner rather than later.

I mean

Kirby’s Epic Yarn
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles

…Boom Blox???

actually you’re right, shit.

EDIT: I forgot Battalion Wars 2