ytpmv

nah those are definitely both ytpmvs! watching them made me nostalgic lol

1 Like

Oh I’m gonna run em all on my second monitor.

Are these all covers? I didn’t recognize most of the songs.

Also I think this counts? I like it

3 Likes

ah cool, sorry for the rambling ^^;

99% sure everything i posted is a cover at least, unless you don’t count medleys. there used to be more “fads” of songs getting picked up and everyone trying their own version of them, but i see that less often now outside of MADs (still plenty of everyone using the same handful of sources for samples, though, which is a little disappointing)

• Yuuko A is based on an unused version of Explore from the Petscop OST
  • i think Maitreya is based on a DKC/2 song(?), i’ve been wondering about this one
  • にこめどれ is a very ambitious medley (there’s a list of songs in the comments of that video)
  • Other World is from the yu-no ost (which is weirdly really good)
  • ned’s declassified guide to pressure cooking is pressure cooker from vvvvvv
  • botashiki is botanik by ipidev
  • i feel sick! is a fearofdark song
  • Filler is Somebody to love (lol)
  • the rosen ytpmvs are rainbow tylenol and a corpse party song
  • I Was Quarantined on a Monday is Sick on Monday by Elwood
  • rollerdisco rumble is a chiptune of the same name by Vince Kaichan
  • the MADs from post 17 have the original song names in their descriptions

songs i remember being really popular to cover in ytpmvs back when i was paying the most attention 7-10 9-12 years ago (edit: oh god) were Flowering Night (aka Night of Nights aka that one song somebody played on a phone) and UN Owen Was Her (most famously in this pretty mediocre MAD), Rainbow Tylenol, Intensive Care Unit, Avast Your Ass, Red Zone, Evans by DJ Yoshitaka, popcorn (the C64 song), Artificial Intelligence Bomb, Unreal Superhero 3, and (ugh) sparta remixes.

3 Likes

Oh yeah that;s one of the few I recognized lol

Also dang thanks for laying all of those out! this rules

1 Like

actually it would be just like me to miss a major component of something. I told my sister that I listened to the last 3 episodes of Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace instead of watching them (was doing dishes) and she was aghast.

1 Like

this is what I think of when I hear “ytpmv”

1 Like
1 Like

what makes me like this format, apart from what haley already mentioned about the visuals being often more involved than actual MVs, is that

1. many of the compositions are legit very pleasant for me to listen. like, i remember being a reader of a certain blog that posted almost weekly ytpmv’s and that was probably the closest to a online music playlist i had before i had good enough internet to have youtube playing videos on the background. it took me years to find night of nights was a touhou thing (btw, you could have a thread’s worth of stuff based just on that song, crazy)

2. the videos as a whole are nice for me to use as white noise when i’m having dissociation episodes. it gels nicely with my lizard brain

night of nights is a cruel remix because it invents an ending solo that’s more interesting to me than the original song and then fades it out way too fast :disappointed:

1 Like

all i have to offer is pain

2 Likes

thanks @contentdeleted

2 Likes

oh that tamabashi MAD rules ty

surreal to see these samples in hd

I’ve been listening to this thing constantly.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like