your favorite lowest-rated games on metacritic

Read a couple of J-blogs about it just now. Echo’d the Bov experience.

Holy Shit This Sucks Why Would Anyone Play This > Me I’m gonna play this > This is Bullshit but I am getting better > The amount of brain rewiring to play this game has damaged me permanently please do not follow my path stay away

Jesus one of the blogs the guy is playing it in demul the bastard.

Edit: to restate I got Cool Cool Toon AS A WEDDING GIFT and I still got rid of it because it is a nightmare.

4 Likes

saul myers is the greatest videogame protagonist ever written. BETTER HOPE THAT COCAINE’S CUT WITH KEVLAR YOU SON OF A BITCH

3 Likes

This is the winner, I guess. I haven’t played the PS4 version but the PS3 version is great. I expect the PS4 version is even better.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

PS4 lets you play as all the other Kaiju with their own unlocks

Yoshi’s Story gets 65, would recommend pretty highly

Deadly Premonition gets 68, would recommend this game except for the grossness of it. This is obviously the classic example anyway though.

3 Likes

IGN famously said King of Fighters XIII had good graphics but that they “[were] a little pixellated.”
terry

7 Likes

In the actual game where the sprites are blown up their pixelation is definitely noticeable, but arguably that’s part of their aesthetic appeal as pixel graphics that grab your soul.

1 Like

tbh, are we any different?
you just need to look into the Sekiro topic and read our initial impressions to understand that Edge or other outlets can fall into the same trap as we all do, before we come around toliking something.

Of course, mags shouldn’t do so, since that’s why we consider them being a source we (somehow) trust, and we are just some enthusiasts. That makes the case where the SEGA mag concedes that they were wrong so much better, imo.

games that fit the bill: * PS2: Drakengard, 63 * Cube: PN03, 63 * PS3: AC:Verdict Day, 66 * X360: Dynasty Warriors Gundam, 55..... think i have found the winner.

Maybe one day people will look back on lawnmover simulators fondly and wonder why we didn’t care about Far Cry: Primal

2 Likes

I resent the idea that my brain has been damaged in the rewiring done to play CCT

the decision to continue playing was where the real damage was done

Operation Darkness is a 46 and that game is far too good and weird and interesting to be that low. The Cover Move/Attack mechanics alone set it apart from other strategy RPGs.

Way of the Samurai 4 is 58 (72 on PC) and it’s one of my favorite games. Open-world story tree hell with a unique sense of place and super esoteric systems design.

2 Likes

This was a pretty decent game, really! Most interesting set dressing the series has had in a while, and the greater emphasis on melee combat was also refreshing. It winds up falling into the same rut as a lot of the series by the end but I came away pleasantly surprised.

sentinel returns doesnt even have a rating :frowning:

1 Like

Please sell me on Yoshi’s Story, every few years I think “y’know, I bet Yoshi’s Story is actually great, I should revisit it” and then get bored/annoyed again. Need 2 see the light

are you doing melon-only runs

I should go back to it actually, I’ve never replayed it. In my memory, the key is “Yoshi’s Story is a score attack game”

What the hell is wrong with you

5 Likes

from thinking about my fav games and reading the thread it’s definitely Mystery Dungeon 2: Shiren the Wanderer and King’s Field 4. i think both those games are masterpieces and deserve to be at least 20 points higher

i don’t love Yoshi’s Story but i’d argue it deserves more than a 65 it’s kind of a misunderstood game

2 Likes

74 GTAdvance 3
63 Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
49 Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2
54 Import Tuner Challenge
41 Street Supremacy

fuck

5 Likes