your favorite lowest-rated games on metacritic

Yeah i saw a bov posted and went “bov will win.”

jesus christ edge

p sure edge gave perfect videogame outrun 2 a bad score when the first xbox port came out

2 Likes

Outrun 2 can’t be perfect because SP/C2C found stuff to add

2 Likes

Spy Fiction, 61

1 Like

tell me, what’s the critical consensus on Cool Cool Toon

this is actually what made me stop buying games magazines, in the dreamcast era, when i was first really getting into arcade ports

also on the subject of edge, iirc, they were one of many uk magazines that panned gunstar heroes because it was “just another platformer”. the official uk sega magazine (named simply “sega magazine”) did similar to alien soldier, too, before retracting their opinion the following month with a surprisingly honest admission that they were wrong, and the game was incredible.

3 Likes

The games press often falls into the trap of evaluating games as technology and not games. Edge/Next Gen was/is especially prone to this, but most of the press was guilty of this during the transition to 3D.

In PC gaming there was a point where grid-based dungeon crawlers were automatically dismissed as outdated when there actually weren’t many good smooth scrolling games. Like, the existence of Ultima Underworld means Stonekeep and Dungeon Master 2 are bad.

6 Likes

Edge/Next Gen sure was the worst games magazine and the best games magazine at the same time

Such beautiful objects, and such a strong, assured voice

1 Like

excuse me but what about the FUN FACTOR

Gotcha Force has a 56
Digimon World Dusk has a 67
Battle Network 6 has a 62
Gundam vs Zeta Gundam has a 57 wtf
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 has a 58
Ps4 Godzilla has a fucking 38 jesus fucking christ

1 Like

:doomdie:

3 Likes

Rule of Rose: 59
Way of the Samurai 2: 59
Mobile Light Force 2: 59
Everblue 2: 59

5 Likes

I’m shocked none of y’all are saying The Quiet Man

4 Likes

look ok I need to stay angry at politics right now I can’t let my anger get spent on people with the worst opinions about videogames

2 Likes

well i for one am enjoying having better taste than everyone on metacritic

7 Likes

The Dark Spire has a 69
The Temple of Elemental Evil has a 71
Precursors has a 68
Culpa Innata has a 66
Alpha Protocol has a 72
Flotilla has a 72
Opoona has a 65

2 Likes

Goddammit why did nobody like Flotilla, that game ruled.

TBF ToEE shipped with some real real real bad bugs, I could see initial reviews dragging it down for that reason.

1 Like

deep shadows games are insanely underrated on metacritic

1 Like

Precursors is just so incredibly cool

I can understand bouncing off boiling point or white gold (even though those people are wrong), but precursors has the wild sci fi morrowind artstyle and the expansive scope and impenetrability of the best games

3 Likes