your favorite lowest-rated games on metacritic

Lost Planet 3 is sitting in the low 60s and rightfully so, truth be told, but I’d recommend it whole -heartedly to anyone who wants some junk food.

1 Like

lost planet 2 has a 63 which is unacceptable

4 Likes

Lost Planet 2 is probably my pick. Severely underrated game.

2 Likes

lp2 is canon, my husband started playing it with friends using the arcane ass windows live platform and they’re usually 4 of maybe 8-10 people max playing worldwide at any given time, which is a travesty. it’s so fun to watch, i wish all games were dunked in that much bloom. monhun could never.

i really want them to do a re-release porting it to a non-GFWL platform because it truly is one of the best action games ever made

also everyone loving monhun world probably made people more accepting of byzantine control schemes

1 Like

buying lp2 when it’s .97 cents on steam and making people play it with you without giving them any explanation is the best way to experience it

6 Likes

coincidentally this is also the best way to get people into EYE: Divine Cybermancy

as far as i can tell so much of the lukewarm reception had to do with timing and context and the target audiences not understanding what it was doing, i think western audiences would be way more receptive to it now.

1 Like

edf 2017 has 69 and 4.1 has 64

i can’t get over that shiren score thats absolute bullshit

5 Likes

Holy shit FFXIII has a 7.2.

LOWER THAN IT DESERVES

1 Like

Chu :heart_decoration:Lip has 57. That one really makes scores feel completely irrelevant.

6 Likes

Dark Fall got a 68

Feels like adventure games are unfairly denigrated on metacritic

1 Like

That was my literal next thought, but I don’t have the time and brainpower to effortpost right now.

But soon, soon I will.

Continue?9876543210 has a score of 62, which is higher than I would have expected. I looked that one up first because I sometimes think that no one liked it other than me.

1 Like

Raw Danger has a 63 and it’s my favorite game on PS2.

Two recent ones are Crackdown 3 (60) and Wolfenstein: Youngblood (63) which both owned.

3 Likes

Haunting Ground has 67 and is one of my favourite survival horror games. I think at the time it looked dated when releasing right after RE4.

Arcade ports often get scored low due to “dated” gameplay and “lack of replay value”:
Spikeout on Xbox - 54
Zombie Revenge - 60
King of Fighters 99 - 67
Time Crisis Razing Storm - 58 (only home port of Deadstorm Pirates which is worth the admission alone)
Vampire Night - 65
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 - 58
Sonic the Fighters - 47!

3 Likes

rain world has a 66, which is only one point less than nier, both games i love dearly and yet were more well known for being lambasted by reviewers then anything

3 Likes

Looks like Venetica hit 41 on PS3, and its probably my favorite B-tier Euro Action RPG about wandering around and stealing people’s bread.

OK, yeah, I will legit go to bat for Submerged (PC 47), because anyone who pretends that the last thee Tomb Raider games are in any way preferable, or less clunky, than Submerged are paid shills who have never experienced emotions that they haven’t immediately apologized for. Sometimes you just want to cruise around some ivy covered buildings, and then climb that shit.

2 Likes

well Batman Forever and MK Mythologies aren’t showing up on metacritic but I’m pretty sure those are the answers

5 Likes