World War Moink (Valkyria Chronicles)

I’ve heard they’re identical. The remaster is of course a little nicer looking, but apparently not super-noticeably so.

It looked pretty good on ps3, there wasn’t really anything about the visuals that needed more juice

Aside from the resolution bump and some anti-aliasing: The PS4 version has slightly more grass and shrubbery. Better LoD distance on a few minor things, such as trees. And better texture filtering.
I would say the resolution bump is the single largest improvement. It sound like you have a PS4. No reason not to get that version.

However, the PS3 version does look solid. If a PS3 is all you have, I wouldn’t hesitate. It’s a good game.

Thanks all. I guess I’ll get the ps4 one. Its pretty cheap here already I think.

I think Sony might be doing PSN deals right now, because of E3. So, if you don’t mind digital, I would have a look to see if VC is on sale.

i see they’re going for the pervy otaku crowd, what with the beach and onsen episodes

Release date set: September 25th

Pre-Order Special issssssss a controller sticker with the tactical corgi on it:

5 Likes

wow holy shit that’s amazing

Yeah I am genuinely tempted

WAIT

Turns out this is just a controller STICKER, they don’t give you a full-on controller.

Here’s a vid you should immediately mute showing them putting one on.

Yeah I’ll pass on that and just get the PC version.

Only thing really tempting here is this, which is in the super 100-fucking-dollar collectors box thing:

If this doesn’t show up as separate DLC somewhere down the line I will be spittin-pissed.

didn’t the original have an Edelweiss tank model come w/ the collector’s edition
still kinda want that

If you put the sticker on you end up with a right joycon with a dog butt on it

2 Likes

Dog butt on the right and jack shit on the left

is this a US politics thread now

I liked what I played of the first one, would I end up feeling embarrassed playing 4 within the vision range of another adult? Mention of an onsen scene has me worried

5 Likes

VC4: There’s a demo out on consoles (Switch included) + an immediate download DLC standalone mission, if you pre-order the full game.

I don’t think the PC version has any of that (it might have the pre-order DLC available). But it does at least release same day.

1 Like

Yeah no PC demo, which blows ass. I’m stuck here just watching everyone delighting in this game.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t have any current consoles. So I gotta wait.

Okay I’m a decent way into the game. I just got rescued by the mascot dog while in the rain. I think that’s the first mission that required a tiny bit of strategy to succeed, which is a good sign.

So far it’s fun, but man, this is the most straightforward, safe, unremarkable setting, cast, and mission structure I’ve seen so far. It’s like they took the least remarkable parts of VC1 and made every mission like that.

Hoping things get a bit more wild as I go forward.

I do absolutely love the look and gameplay impact of the grenadier’s portable mortars, so A+ add there.

1 Like

oh just now i was some watching some videos of this game in english. super excited to get it on steam but for some reason the price is way above normal for AAA titles. maybe i’ll end up just torrenting

are there any super-humans with giant spears or whatever yet (spoiler-tag if need be)