Wolfenstein

IDK, I’m pretty sure the Judeo-Christian god is cool with killing Nazis.

1 Like

5 Likes
2 Likes

“173 more days of English”

2 Likes

paying $100 canadian for the game plus these DLC seems like it might not be a better value than actually contributing to fighting fascism in real life

and yet

It seems neat and I trust them to do good things with these side stories, but ultimately it seems unessential, so I’ll probably wait on a sale for the DLC. I don’t know, this is pretty much the only big mainstream title this year I could see myself wanting to get soon after its release.

There’s extensive gameplay hitting the net at the moment of the start of the game and the context around the diner scene. Actual line of dialogue from a Nazi NPC: “I have no sympathy for terrorists. How can they promote violence towards us, just because we hold a different point of view?”

They know what they’re doing.

8 Likes

there’s also a scene of some klansmen studiously trying and failing to learn german from a nazi NPC

I knew this would hit Twitter.

Also:

1 Like

I need this in my life

I need a better computer in my life

1 Like

i always get that nick robinson confused with the tory boy from the bbc

It runs on the same engine as DOOM so maybe it’ll be optimised enough. Anyway you should play the first one already and maybe its standalone expansion pack too. I’m pretty sure they bundle those together now.

In any case a reminder that Machinegames also made an official extra episode for Quake if you’re all starving for more of their content.

I’d also like to remind that SYNDICATE was a contemporary from the same pedigree although being an EA exclusive it’s a lot harder to get your hands on, and that BJ Blaskowicz’s voice actor wrote the Infinite Warfare campaign, which besides being the first aesthetically coherent futuristic Call of Duty since things went that way, also happens to be well paced and a slice of Gundam fanfiction.

brian bloom thought what if I had a robot friend like in interstellar and he had a gun

1 Like

What the heck dude Neufenstein is one of my fave games and I gush about it here all the time.

But it ran at questionable framerates even at depressingly low settings and I just don’t feel like going through that again. They’re too good and deserve better.

I have a PS3 copy of Syndicate sitting right here in my house where it’s been for like 2 years. I’ll get there. I’ll get there.

It is on the objectively short, but from my perspective achingly long “games to play” list. I’ll get there. I’ll get there.

yo if you let me pick a bunch of parts and get them shipped to the meetup I’ll build a machine for you on the spot

I know. The whole plan is to contract a sisbro to make something for me eventually. But that’s a few hundred bucks I can’t justify atm. (And it would be more than few hundred anyway, cause I’d need to get at least a 1080p monitor (mine is 780p lol) and a new mouse and keyboard and speakers too. All my shit’s falling apart)

ok, well, if you can scratch up $800 by the end of october let me know!!

Syndicate was good, although I never did the co-op at all. Best game about having super powers imo.

What’s Starbreeze been up to since? I haven’t heard anything in years.

just payday, I think most of their best people went to machinegames