when I was 2017

Cross-quoting from anorher kop-thread about prey:

Looking at how Deus Ex:Mankind Divided is barely scraping above the 11€ mark for the PS4 version at the moment, I am also wondering how long it will remain financially feasible to do those AAA-titles that we saw late in 2016/now in 2017.
I was taking a drive around San Fran in WDogz2 yesterday, showing a friend of mine some nice spots in the game, and we basically did discuss this very thing:
How long will they continue to make games like this?

As a player, you tend to overlook all the effort that goes into making a coastline look like a coastline, you tend to rush past all the effort that goes into creating spaces that give off the impression of being “alive”, and all in the name of some missions that pose as a fake red thread that you are following in your quest to “finish” a game, for the sake of … of what:
Achievements?
The Ending?
The credits?

Isn’t it to get an equivalent amount of entertainment out of a piece of media based on some crude formula to determine whether the perceived entertainment value is met by your “Experience” of it?

If you think about it, it is almost mind-boggling that we ever reached a point where we have these virtual worlds to our disposal, giant tiny playgrounds to act out things you wouldn’t be able to do in the Real World, and the interaction it basically comes down to is taking a drive, listening to what the radio ia playing, and enjoying some nice scenery.

Madness, i tell you.

The best kind of madness.

btw, i’ve found a piece of wall-painting in SF yesterday where ubisoft hid a picture of the heroine of child of light. Those bastards, kudos to them.

1 Like