when I was 2017

I was completely wrong about 2016 releases so here I am failing upward into next year’s predictions!

Gravity rush, torment, and nier are out in Jan, Feb, and march. They all look pretty good! The price of torment has gone up more than I expected since the Kickstarter and I hope the combat isn’t terrible.

Also: Strafe, Tokyo 42, pathologic, absolver, iconoclasts…

Bark …ley?

Armored core VR???

2 Likes

Cuphead might actually come out in 2017, but the more I see of it the less convinced I am that it has anything going for it beyond its looks.

I’ve had She Remembers Caterpillars saved in my Steam wish list for awhile now, another game I’m not convinced will be great but that I want to keep my eye out for.

Night in the Woods will come out at some point, right? Had one heck of a trailer.

I am gonna go in my own little corner and be hyped for the new Mass Effect game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will likely be delayed out of 2017 but would top my list if it actually sees release.

Legend of Zelda will be the 2017 game I most look forward to playing in 2021 or so.

qrostar has been working on a Hanano/Jelly no Puzzle follow-up for a while now…

1 Like

Zelda is totally gonna be emulated on release

where you at barkley come home ;_;

persona 5

don’t care about anything else

FROM is either going to be really interesting (likely!) or really not interesting (Dark Souls 3 is very not interesting :frowning: so far)

I normally don’t get that excited about megaten stuff on release because I find it a lot more playable via emulation or handheld but the availability of remote play helps quite a bit there

The promised last dark souls 3 DLC ought to be good, I just wonder how exciting it will be. Do they have any real unmined nostalgia?

Nioh
Destiny 2
Mario for Switch (?)
Escaflowne-inspired From Software project ???

I’m not holding out much hope for Barkley at this point, maybe after President Oprah is elected she’ll make it happen

3 Likes

I love how the last dev blog update for Barkley was “so uh we have a memory leak”

It seemed like they really did want to get it out this year but who knows (bort does)

Not as such, but it’s a safe confluence of several rumors

Tekken 7 and they say MvC:Infinite.

No one knows if ACVR is real. Anyone know what’s the hotness for indie games come 2017?

predicting that i’m going to be bored of yakuza by the end of 2017
enthused re: destiny raids in a new engine
& new quake so i can find a use for this pc besides emulating ps2 stuff

also https://twitter.com/leighalexander/status/779228602269306881

oh shit

hoping to get VR funding to return to indie life myself

new tech is good for small game developers because it’s an excuse for the money to flow out of Lucre Strongholds

PSO3 in the USA for the third year in a row!

2 Likes

EDF! EDF! EDF!

4 Likes

leigh’s problem is the same problem she pins on everyone else: everything has to be for her. like I can’t imagine a world in which I would play a VR game if VR were free, much less at ten thousand US dollars or whatever the fuck, but if people wanna play star wars floating in space have at it.

I can actually be right this year

Gravity Rush 2

oh, and Nioh

Nioh is going to be the busniess

These aren’t games but I hope to god both the Switch and AMD’s new CPUs are actually good. Especially the CPUs because I ain’t paying Intel prices anymore.

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

I don’t even know if this is supposed to counter my point or agree with it, but I’m never playing a VR anything either way so I don’t really care which corporate candyland ecosystem becomes Codville and which one markets upstream. best of luck, whoever

can you explain more why you don’t like the idea of VR?