what megaman game should i play first

lol that rules.

8 Likes

MM6 is a Street-Fighter-style robot fighting tournament gone wrong, so each of the bosses is supposed to be some kind of national stereotype. Wind Man apparently pays tribute to the legendary windmills of…China.

3 Likes

I really like Mega Man x Street Fighter

1 Like

Play a Rockman instead.

The order of operations is this:

Mega Man 1
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man X

that’s it

4 Likes

I actually have a lot of fondness for both the Zero and EXE series. I played them a lot. They’re all good. I love Mega Man. Just play any of them. They’re all so short.

2 Likes

We’re all just setting Tony up for Rockman 4 Minus Infinity.

5 Likes

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity is the best Mega Man game with the number 4 in its title.

5 Likes

a n c i e n t m e m e

9 Likes

no ones gonna go with me on this but i recently acquired a Genesis Mini and i’m reminded how charmed i am by the Wily Wars version of 1-3 in a Mario All Stars kind of way

2 is still the best. hands down.

5 Likes

skippomg thru everything to declare that mmz e is basicaly the best

Have you guys played Megaman Unlimited? It should be a very good fan-made game.

1 Like

& Bass is the only successful evolution of Megaman that doesn’t introduce walljumping, so it’s IMO it should be the next stop after Megaman X1. If you’ve played Megaman 1, 2, X1 and & Bass then you have played an instance of “every type of megaman”.

3 Likes

megaman and bass is childs play compared to anything in the mmz series, the logic which was basically: we got jumping, shooting and dashing so how do we refine cutting. just a wonder gallery of lesening enemy palcements and timing out saber combos. cutting a guy in half and dashing between the two halves of them. pitting the player against bosses with similar movesets and making you learn a whole new skill of reading moves

2 Likes

when you lose the megabuster is when Mega Man games lose me

1 Like

zero’s sword in mmz is just incredibly good, for real

also want to shout out mm: dr. wily’s revenge on the nintendo game boy, also overlooked and kind of weird

5 Likes

All I know about Battle Network is the Dab Patch

Its enough to get me interested tbh

6 Likes

I played 1-5 in order a few years ago. They’re all good! Everybody loves 2 and 3 but i remember enjoying 5 and 6 the best, i think just because they’re so breezy (and i like the charge buster and charge attacks in general. Im addicted to holding buttons while i run around). 3 was my least favorite, it’s so damn hard and the “revisiting stages but now there are instant kill spikes everywhere” part did not do it for me

The last few are some of the most gorgeous NES games imo. especially 6 which came out like a month before Mega Man X

3 Likes

oh yeah and when i played i had a guide open that showed me the order to do all the robot masters in lol. I love the absorbing powers from bosses mechanic, but the rock-paper-scissors aspect of it never did anything for me. the bosses are usually hard enough even when you have their weapon that getting there without it just feels like “well i guess i have to go do another level and come back to this one” lol

It’s nominally cool to have the choice of what weapons you want first but then only half of them will be actually cool and/or useable anyway! It’s a series i like despite most of its core gimmicks honestly

1 Like

I don’t know how related this is, but MM6 was the only one with non-Japanese winners (and entrants)? I remember being devastated when I found out Nintendo Power had opened a contest for designs and I didn’t know about it until the results were out.

1 Like