what are the chill cute animes with barely any plot

like the highest level of energy would be something like polar bear cafe

i like flying witch and tanaka kun is always listless

i will also take boring ass live action shows about watching fictional people eat a meal like wakakozake or midnight diner tokyo stories

2 Likes

there’s only the couple ova episodes but yokohama kaidashi kikou is excellent

If you want more you can always read the manga which is also great.

4 Likes

That final episode of Oh Super Milk Chan is just a twenty minute phone conversation with a brief interlude where a suicide note is read. That’s about as chill as I get.

In the same vein as YKK, there are the three seasons of Aria.

If you like Wakakozake, you might like Bartender, which is both available as anime or live action.

3 Likes

you can also watch probably a million episodes of chi’s sweet home

Seconding Bartender. It’s great and the soundtrack is even greater. I only got halfway through the opening credits of episode 1 before pausing to download the OST.

2 Likes

kemono friends

what

are

animes?

that’s iyashikei, yep

i have a friend who swears by non non biyori, and aria’s already been mentioned here and that’s the most nothing show

mushishi is great

I know what you’re saying but, respectfully, nuts to you, I ain’t boring, Wakako is good times

:pushu:

don’t believe his lies

I guess watch Aria, the true OG healing show

???

3 Likes

how about sweetness and lightning

2 Likes

they both have plots i guess but i like the chill vibes and good weird animals in many episodes of mushishi and natsume’s book of friends

this isn’t a chill anime, it’s a dad anime

wow like dads can’t be chill smh

1 Like

I have nothing to add to this thread but Tanaka Kun is one of my fav animes ever

1 Like

Tonari no Seki-kun is also pretty great.

2 Likes

This was my first thought as well

dads can’t be chill because they have to keep their child alive and the mom is always, always dead

the episode where Tsumugi goes on a journey is the least chill and the most dad thing

1 Like

but… sharks…