what are the chill cute animes with barely any plot

i’m gonna pretend the gccx arcade segments count

why is this in the axe

seconding daily lives of high school boys and tonari no seki-kun, they’re both excellent

straight title robot anime is pretty great.

lisa tv is a boring live action show about a real person eating meals and i love it. watch it before bed

1 Like

yeah I do think I should probably get into dadshows at some point

if youre willing to replace “fictional people” with “down-to-earth real people” you should check out Terrace House

1 Like

i am not a fan of kemono friends

i do like those weird mmd shows with segments where the actresses do improv voice acting like gdgd fairies or tesagure! but that might be more my love of metafiction

1 Like

man i’d kill for a slightly boringer version of dragon maid without fuckin shouta and lucoa

3 Likes

straight title robot anime is one of these!
seha girls is kind of one, but without improv and with a thick layer of constant sega references

1 Like

what kind of world am I living in when a man can’t even like a cartoon about a well-endowed Aztec goddess and the little boy she enjoys teasing with her exuberant sexuality

sarcasm aside, have you watched K-On, the progenitor of all modern “girls doing jack shit with their lives” shows

I sorta admire the audacity of naming him that.

don’t watch k-on

watch poyopoyo kansatsu nikki

aria is great

hidamari sketch i guess

1 Like

I legit thought you guys were all recommending this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_the_Scarlet_Ammo

I was questioning the judgment of like, everyone here.

hahaha no they mean this one

I couldn’t ever get into Aria the Animation despite constant recommendations from people who liked YKK

My favorite weird-sci-fi-slice-of-life-comic after Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is definitely Saturn Apartments

It’s not really “chill” at all but isn’t this basically Azumanga Daioh?

“Dragon” = Anime girl with a tail and horns = Get the fuck outta here

that’s only when she’s in human form

Honestly I think the only anime that has ever mattered is The Running Man

OK this might not be what you had in mind but im going to suggest Galaxy Express 999 for your purposes. I watch it for exactly the purposes of chilling and cuteness. Its just a trip, every time!

GE999 is full of comforting moods like these

as well as encouragement

2 Likes

Sure, if you like to chill to anxiety over death and aging

which I do

2 Likes

the 90s anime Magic User’s Club is very chill and very slice of life and would be perfect were it not for two grating flaws. That it is so good despite these two flaws is a testament to how close it gets

1. one of the main chars is a pervert and consequently there’s a bit too much fanservice of that noxious 90s anime sort
  2. another main character is anime gay and you have to put up with some degree of stereotype-iness in this regard.

That being said, I still recommend it highly, it is almost entirely without a plot and driven by characters hanging out with each other.

i only put this in the OP cause someone told me it was like wakakozake and whoa man it is not!

i guess it technically includes eating a specific food in a restaurant but it’s just a real over the top broad and wacky comedy so far