what anime should i watch that was created before ~1997

I purposely haven’t seen this movie, because I’ve been told of a scene that deserves a trigger warning, made worse by the fact that the story doesn’t actually handle the incident well either. Figured I would mention it if that sort of thing would bother someone else.

1 Like

someone make sure they keep this thread alive next week while I’m at comicon

FYI, if someone slips you a login, you can see a thread of everyone from Olde SB listing their favorite anime with an OP of rankings, based on frequency of recommendation:

http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=36375&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=294d51b1e3278be04261b4e6adcfe323

Edit: Just realized that I was direct linking to a filter of my posts from the thread which maybe seemed like a joke or reveal of my subconscious but was actually because I was looking for my old list for reference for my new list.

I could always just log in as grim glamfire my dude

Ah, okay.

SelectButton

1 Like

seeing cowboy bebop be the most recommended thing in that old thread reminds me that i recently realised it probably wouldn’t make it into my top 50 anime anymore

1 Like

wots wrong with it loki

gunbuster

cyber city oedo 808 w/ english dub

dirty pair

2 Likes

nothing, i just think there’s lots more shows i like better

i still consider this basically a perfect 3-parter

1 Like

only 90s kids remember seeing this trailer hundreds of times

2 Likes

or this

2 Likes

Key Metal Idol strikes a good balance between adult humans and revolting dolls, watch tha one

Yeah the couple times I’ve tried to show someone Key didn’t work out. Without a genuine interest in “seeing something different” or finding the character/plot hooks (which I guess depending on the person aren’t exactly strong in the first few episodes) it can come off like a vague, cold blend.

Think I’m gonna need a rewatch asap, I kind of remember an episode like you described towards the end.

Me just now:

knowing that they rolled forward the timeline so Homer would have been into early '90s music is disconcerting

cartoons should live no longer than dogs

2 Likes

The Simpsons can get away with anything as long as it’s funny.

That last bit is the problem.

2 Likes