Wharf Rame

there’s a BIGGU Wharf Rame update coming where the game will be adding some additional things as well as an Open World area.

IF YOU HAVEN’T PLAYED Warframe it’s taken like 7 years now to become the game it was initially kind of advertised as, going from a float and bug riddled mess with randomly generated levels and tons of features that didn’t initially work the way they were supposed to… to kind of following the trend and becoming a semi-well made freemium mess.

What I find most peculiar about War Frame is as the game has gone through iterations and added and improved features, it’s also taken the story largely off the rails and introduced all kinds of weird nu-sci-fi stuff like the Tenno actually being child soldiers controlling brains in suits

Also at some point it looks like there must have been an update to make a few of the planets more unique
and they changed the original mission selection UI where you kind of soft rotated the planet by chunks to laying out all of the missions while your Tenno meditates in the background

THINGS 2 KNOW:

It’s really freemium. A lot of stuff is locked behind paying for them, like color combinations and any of the cosmetic things for your frame. What I like is that if you join a clan, it’s possible to get some blueprints for a lot of things you can’t build without money normally.

So this is what, Destiny and Overwatch smushed together

Not really overwatch. It’s like if someone took the over the shoulder stylings of Mass Effect biotic combat, and let you run and walls and fly through the air

and gave you HANZO STEEL

things you may not know:

Warframe is a spiritual successor / semi sequel to the PS3 game Dark Sector that had originally a ton in common with Warframe before what I’ve read a bunch of executive meddling happened and the publisher didn’t think a Sci-Fi game with an aesthetic like Warframe would work well on consoles at the time but there are conflicting accounts, and the developers that are currently working on it have said things differently.

The developers of Warframe also started playing with this, and they treat Dark Sector as being canon and are always including little nods to it.

there’s a SHITLOAD of anime references in this fuckin game, too

1 Like

I always thought of Warframe as an ME3 multiplayer clone. I had no idea it was associated with Dark Sector, that game pretty much rules sort of.

The Glaive from Dark Sector is in Warframe and still pretty much functions exactly the same. It’s dubiously useful though, cuz warframe has FPS recharging shields and no cover mechanic because you can run on walls and jump over peoples heads and fly through the air in slow motion.

Seriously though they just expanded pretty much all of the movement options so now you can run on walls in three directions, double jump, fly through the air like a corkscrew, fly through the air like a corkscrew and then start floating like a Wuxia protagonist with a rifle in Kamen Rider armor

The game is pretty ridiculous but most of the game is getting loot to do the next thing and boy does that always depress me.

1 Like

That’s the cycle that kind of kills it for me now too. Now that I’ve reasonably gotten what I wanted by dropping ~20$ on the game with a PSN 50% off coupon I got from having playstation plus now I can move onto dicking around in the arena and starting a clan which has been fun.

I’ll never be on board with what The Dark Sector was released as. I wanted MGS in space

It’s probably the best freemium model though, 'cause you can get the $$$ currency just but selling / trading stuff to people.

I might dip back in just to see the new stuff when it launches.

We have an SB clan FYI @GRIMglamfire that was up-to-date with research last time I was playing. So would have a bit of catching up to do now D:

oh if I wasn’t in a clan already with some friends, dang!

this is a terrible mancrime

this is the worst thing I have ever seen with my eyeballs

2 Likes

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/e/e8/StalkerMios.png/revision/latest?cb=20151204013306

if you guys are wondering where all the JRPG swords went after 2007, it’s here.

2 Likes

i played way too much of this game, more than i am willing to admit, i was pretty depressed and was just using it to fill time, it’s really good at that

there is some fun to be had and it’s kind of earnest how many of their weird ideas they add to the game even if almost all of them are half-baked

1 Like

I built an ascension alter in the clan dojo and now the ascension ceremony is running for the next 72 hours. According to the wiki interacting with the alter during the ceremony gets you 42,000 endo and I don’t know if that’s special or not but it’s there if you want it.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the Dojo has an energy lab? This thing is so big and I don’t know if there’s a way to see what has and hasn’t been built.

It does, yeah. The labs are all on the ground floor. It’s symetrical. From the main hall there are two off to the right, and two off to the left. I think it’s Tenno and Infested on the right and Grineer and Corpus (energy, right?) on the left.

could i guet a guold invite?