went through amazon reviews from 2009 of demon's S to see what people were comparing it to

15 Likes

(you have to be an old-schooler to remember that one).

Interesting that some of these describe Zelda as “hack-and-slash”

I wonder if that’s a regional thing

it’s like ____ and ____ except only _____

Blade of Darkness of course!

1 Like

So the same as Dark Souls fans describing other games now, but with Zelda instead if Dark Souls.

1 Like

this is a good post

the one comparing it to ico is not that far off. a lot of areas in the game have the kind of atmosphere. the second part of shrine of storms in particular, with the spooky shadow creatures, but the nexus feels kinda ico ish to me too.

2 Likes

Got that whole “see every part of the area youve been to/will go to” thing going on too

2 Likes

when i played Demons’, i kinda couldn’t help but think of Devil May Cry, but i think a lot of it has to do with the menu sounds/UI and other little flourishes.

is Ninja Gaiden still any good? i remember having fun with it.

Which NG are we talking about

yeah the 2004 game

you tellin me eddie izzard isn’t already on amphetamines ?

i’ve played at least 1000 hours of it across the various versions get on my level sorry

1 Like

I agree with the NES games comparison wholeheartedly!

yeah I read that and I was like what but then I immediately rethought my position and I was like you know what I’m down with that

1 Like

I always compared Demons Souls to Megaman in how you always continue from the beginning and do a memorized run to dodge enemies/obstacles and get to the boss.

The other games, I don’t really feel that as much but that might just be a taste issue? I dunno, I don’t really care for the later games as much as the original.

1 Like