Welcome To The World Of Tims

8 Likes

Honestly, that is like the best sales pitch I’ve read for this game.

5 Likes

Game Rules.

2 Likes

To the surprise of no one this game doesn’t accommodate colorblind people

Watching Jeff Gerstmann play this feels nostalgic. I trust a PSO lover and Shenmue hater

Pretty sure I just got some Balan Tims to fuck and make a baby Tim that has ears. I still don’t even know what the fuck Tims are.

2 Likes

If I was a tenouttaten person I would immediately dock 2 points for fucking Balan Bout.

The demo is kind of the perfect amount of this nonsense because you peak further and find out they ran put of budget and stapled the rest together.

3 Likes

So you’re saying the giant-farmer-that-disappears-as-you-approach is the orca chase of Balan Wonderworld.

8 Likes

I have beaten Balan. Look forward to a tell all Hinge Problems some of you will listen to!!!

I will not complete The Tower of Tims seems like a hassle.

I was curious why I was having fun with the post game and realized NO BALAN BOUT

6 Likes

Balan bout is easily the worst part of this game.

Is that the qte thing that feels ripped out of a flash game website from 2002?

1 Like

It sure is.

There are 42 in the game. They are functionally identical. You have to do it perfectly to get a trophy. I swear as someone with 30 years experience in video games the game fucks with the timing to make you fail.

If you fail you have to quit out of the world and back in for the qte game to respawn.

Why couldn’t the bad Baseball minigame be here 42 times?’ That would be better.

No one is ever going to give Yuji Naka money again.

2 Likes

The thing i have found with them is that you can almost always hit the button AFTER the shadows line up and get Excellent, which is so counter to decades of rhythm and QTE games, holy shit.

2 Likes

Reeling from the news this game didn’t even chart in Japan. It sold less than 2000 copies the first week. I guess it is possible the switch/ps4 copies each sold 1800. This game sold worse than an idea factory otome game.

7 Likes

literally would have done better with no demo

2 Likes

Releasing it the same week as MonHun was already a death sentence.

2 Likes

Ouch

4 Likes

it’s heart-crushing how ambitious this product feels, and how massively this seems to backfire for SQEX. There’ll only be so many of these vanity projects befofe they decide to stop doing them at all (because why waste that money if you can polish those FF7.2 textures for another 100 hours).

:servbotsalute:

8 Likes

Oh yeah, this is 100% going to impact both SqEx’s willingness to invest in these kind of things, and Naka’s ability to ever get funding again.

1 Like