🌚 We Kept Our Promise to You: A Case of the Moondays: Please, Give Me the Power of God 🌙

6 Likes

There is a surfboard that says TIM in the original version.

Also I have been playing this. It is chill. Coming off of Anodyne and Undertale it is neat to see a version of those ideas from 20 years ago.

The soundtrack is intimidating and I have ignore that feature mostly.

2 Likes

God bless the screenshot function on the switch for this freaking cult member’s required quiz.

Real curious how tim is gonna translate that one.

Have to start using a guide this game wastes your time too much. Either backtracking or you don’t have the right item or gotta wait for the right time or you are stuck somewhere for 5 minutes. It all ads up.

I assume with the drug and tobacco use this very slight cute game is going to be Rated M.

1 Like

Lonely Game.

Woah cool ending.

The bullshit you have to do in the backhalf I will gladly explain because ugghhhhhh.

I am working off the Japanese version but
Once you start building the rocket you need to

Go to bari bari island
Give a red mushroom to the white doll outside the mushroom forest
Talk to all the white dolls
This for some reason unlocks something
Then at the mushroom forest at night eat in order [black > gold > red > green > white]
This awakens the souls of the big fish
Now go to the tropical forest
Collect all the fish souls
Go back to the mushroom forest at night and eat the above mushrooms again
This unlocks the fishing area in the MushFor
Now you need to fish a bunch of times to collect a Refridgerator and a gamestation (two of these for the doll boy.)
(You also need to fish the caviar here to finish the Haunted House (THIS IS BULLSHIT.)
Now at 5:00 in front of the fireworks stand (has a big 性) past the cave with the sleeping man you can enter the fireworks factory
Say you can make a better firework.
Goodluck how Tim translates this part honk.
Finally in technopolis from the roomcodes you find on the doctor’s desk one of them has Robi’s charging station.
While he is charging take his heart
That’s all the parts
Go to the left side of technopolis and ride the rocket

And then???

Continue
OR DON’T?

Oh obviously do all you want to do before you get on the rocket.

just make sure you get the black materia

I wonder if this release will include a digital strategy guide like Chu :heart_decoration: Lip’s manual

it’s out

the manual is helpful!

thread theme

11 Likes

ooo ty for the manual link. very excited to dig into this over the weekend.

This looks surprisingly meaty (there’s levels, money, monster « catching », day cycle, Minit-like time restriction) I expected a story oriented point and click

Let me know if y’all get stuck!

1 Like

Did I put my essay here? I guess not.

5 Likes

I started playing this and it’s very cute and fun so far! I love just going around figuring out how to make people happy. Tim Rogers’ voice comes through so strong in this translation. You can almost hear him speaking much of the dialogue. It’s a little weird, but I’m unfamiliar with the original game, so maybe it’s a good fit. His voice is pretty entertaining at least, so I don’t really mind.

2 Likes

this game is good imo. its also a pain in the arse

2 Likes

For some reason I have a physical copy of this on PS1. I can’t read Japanese.

4 Likes

Select Button

17 Likes

i keep passing out and dying and i don’t understand why

like i get it has something to do with love and food, but my hearts deplete so fast and giving Granby some bread didn’t really seem to do anything