🌚 We Kept Our Promise to You: A Case of the Moondays: Please, Give Me the Power of God 🌙

Since Moon is finally getting a release in English after 20+ years, maybe we can have a thread.

From the Onion Games website:

[WHAT IS MOON ?]

Have you ever played an RPG and wondered…

“Why is it OK that this hero is breaking into houses and stealing items from people’s drawers??”

“Why is it OK that this hero is killing thousands of innocent monsters??”

Moon is a game about turning those tropes upside down, and seeing what really happens behind the scenes of your favorite RPG videogames.

[THE STORY OF MOON ]

One night, under the silvery light of a full moon, a young boy is suddenly sucked through his TV and into a videogame — a classic JRPG called “Moon World”.

Following closely behind the game’s brave hero, the boy begins his own journey to recover the world’s missing moonlight by collecting “Love”.

As Moon World’s hero loots and levels up by cutting down monsters for experience points — you know, as heroes do — the boy releases their souls and collects their “Love”.

Moon is not a game where you’ll fight to level up — your own progress comes by gathering lost “Love”!
As you explore the world, you’ll meet a crazy cast of weird and wonderful NPCs. Observe their strange habits and daily routines by visiting them at different times and days of the week, and learn their secrets to uncover even more lost “Love”!

“Now… use your own power to open the door…”

[KEY FEATURES]

• Conquer a game with a clear conscience in this Zero-Battle RPG! Free monsters’ souls!

• Collect dozens of “MoonDiscs” containing original songs, and choose your own favorite background music!

• Follow the real-time daily lives of Moon World’s NPCs, day and night, all week long!

The Visuals:

The Jams:

OST Playlist:

moon_hp_boy

13 Likes

Here’s (what seems to be) a playthrough lifted from Niconico, if you want to get an idea of the game in motion:

Unfortunately, it has people babbling over it in Japanese, but :man_shrugging:

Some sharper video and English babbling

I like the y2k touches.

looks like a GBA RPG

Looks like Undertale got some splainin ta do

1 Like

This music fills me with wonder for life itself. I am rejuvenated. Thank you.

feel free to post any that you like.

i found out about moon from this guy on livejournal back in like, 2004 or 2003, we both had the mutual interest of shin megami tense 3. anyway, he had an ftp server with a bunch of music and he suggested this song from moon called ker-ma-go, so i listened to it, and i absolutely fucking hated every second of it. i still hate ker-ma-go. anyway, fortunately i had also randomly downloaded 226 46th Street which was wicked, as well as Warp Wet Woods and I’m Waiting for the Night (which i think sounds like something, but it’s been like 15 or 16 years and i still haven’t figured it out). i think that guy works for whatever company localizes the ys games.

anyway, that’s how i found out about moon.

2 Likes

This has a very different aesthetic from what I remember (never played though). Wonder what other rpg I’ve been melding it with.

Chyeah definitely playing soon

maybe ufo: a day in the life?:

I’m into this tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9BYxfvjCk

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/931655092264108032

4 Likes

Looks like Undertale did the splainin

6 Likes

i’m hyped about this just for the music

1 Like

oh it’s been 11 days oops hi

tim rogers is doing the translation.

I’ll be playing the original when it comes out.

5 Likes

Timbeeeerrrrr getting cold rolled itt

did i miss something?

I am not slagging tim! His translations have been fucking great! I am saying i believe in my own Japanese level.

1 Like

Gotcha! Well I had fun reading it like that for a few minutes.

Dhie tim dhie