we have kept our appointment (kentucky route zero)

edit: trailer for TV edition, out January 28th

1-858-WHEN-KRZ

It’s seven years to the day tomorrow

I remember coming home from work at sbux the day act III came out and being surprised by a big patch downloading

That was before the game lodged itself as a permanent hum in my brain

You’ve just got to make choices and own them. You think I was born this foxy? I came off the assembly line about a half-foot shorter, and all gray. No eyes. They were going to have us clearing out the old mine. Doesn’t matter what you look like under all that rock and water: a bunch of gray shadows shoveling and hammering invisibly at the walls, draining the tunnels. Johnny found some gear — an old tape player. We hid away in an underwater cave and listened to it over and over, and we knew we weren’t miners. We slipped out onto the road, just these two featureless shadows, and ever since that night we’ve been detailing. Coloring in. Specifying.

I feel more like myself every day.

3 Likes

i have managed to stay completely dark on this game all this time and now it is time for hype

7 Likes

im so ready for this.

ive wanted to go back and replay it, but i couldnt bring myself to have a second experience of the game without seeing the ending.

2 Likes

I’ve never played this game nor read anything about it. Someone sell me on it!

1 Like

“the great american novel” but good

5 Likes

The only videogame worthy of the genre title magical realism

2 Likes

i remember very little from this game

cool gas station?
house with a tv?
donkey kong mine cart section?
i don’t think i played episode 3?

1 Like

yeah it sounds like you only played part 1 and it gets much much better as it goes

I know I played part 1… I think I played part 2. I remember the later stuff I played being way more engaging than the earlier stuff, but all is vague. My overall impression was that it was clever but just slightly too dry. But I always got a huge kick out of the little interstitial bonus things they would put out between episodes, like the phone tree you could actually call, and the rad public access style show they recorded. Perhaps it’s time to replay the early stuff and just go all the way with it.

Yeah I just checked and I played 2 hours of this in 2015. A replay is probably warranted but it’s gonna feel like a slog until I get to stuff I haven’t seen.

that’s why god made the radio youtube 2x playback

1 Like

You know how it’s a totally valid experience to watch The Return without a rewatch of Twin Peaks? I would just start Act III and see if the loose recollection suits you.

3 Likes

Man I have no idea where I purchased this from back in 2016, hence I have no clue where i’m supposed to download the final act from.

I will quarantine the past if I damn well please

2 Likes

YEEEESSSSSS

oh wait so I have 3 weeks after all

Yeah, countdown was to this :frowning:

Which, lol

The real question is… when I put this into the big “played video games” excel spreadsheet on my computer… do I list it as a 2013 game… or a 2020 game!?

1 Like

decadal game

1 Like