Watch Thread Already

Should we just have a watch thread already?

Not sure what you mean. This is the watch thread. And you’ve been posting here for 30 years…

1 Like

I’ve been reading Mark Fisher’s book largely on hauntology and so now you are terrifying me.

Not really.

I’ve had the left and middle one, and can confirm that middle one is more/mostly badass. +1!

@haley I noticed that it often seems like women put more thought into which watch to wear to what outfit (woohoo, only 4 w’s), so feel free to be picky.

I’m not going to be able to afford more than one for a long time but I’ll make it something ridiculous anyway

1 Like

i would like a gold datejust with jubilee brace and an onyx or lapis dial

anything more would be grotesque

1 Like

“i am easily satisfied by the best”

i love datejusts but i would want a blue dial or gray linen dial

christian from theo & harris has a great example:

this one is the one that made me like linen dials

1 Like

these are my fave dude-watches I’ve seen on this forum

I am easily distracted by photography/presentation though

5 Likes

that max bill chronoscope is :fire: :fire: :fire:

also like this zenith el primero chronograph classic

nomos so hot

1 Like

i’ve had a couple of swatch watches and a couple of f-91ws, then i went for this lil plastic buddy

Casio MQ24-1E. I’ve had it for like a year, it’s super light, cheap as fuck and not bad to look at. i’m not a bling guy so if I had money I would get one of the crazy abstract plastic swatches and both the ones Victor posted up here.

Oh, I did have the Muji one that looks like a dining room clock but the faux leather band cracked and broke in a few months and the paint on the metal around the watch started scraping off as well so uh do not recommend.

2 Likes

FWIW my girlfriend is like the one person I know IRL who always wears a watch. She feels naked without one! Refuses to wear anything digital, too.

2 Likes

^^^ belongs in pictures/reconsider-topic.

I don’t wear watches, but I dig the aviation dial aesthetic of Bel & Ross

Also, the watches PCs wear in Modern Warfare 2 are cool enough that they drew my attention. I bet somebody compiled a list of the real world watches they are inspired by.

1 Like

this reminds me i wish i had the wrist size to rock vintage/modern panerai. ralph lauren apparently wears this on the outside of a flight jacket pretty often

the hell is a hodinkee anyway

The name, inspired by the Czech word “hodinky” “little watch”) reflects founder Benjamin Clymer’s desire to talk about watches in a casual way that is comfortable for all levels of readers.

2 Likes

oh