Voting is over! Casting Call for SNExploration Squad Ep 7 - Chester Cheetah

• Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest
  • Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
  • Picross NP Vol. 3

0 voters

EDIT: Converting this to the casting call!

Chester Cheetah fucken won y’all. BY ONE VOTE. Every vote counts :shuffle:

Episode 6 is coming out today by the way! Anyway, let’s recruit some folks for this Chester thing

Looking to recruit 4 people other than myself and Courier. If you’ve never participated before, I’m going to prioritize your signup!!! So don’t be afraid to sign up even if it looks full

The doodle below is for next weekend, September 2nd and 3rd. Check the time zone stated - I’m not sure if it automagically switches to your time zone or not! I’m in PST so it might default to that - just double check.

https://beta.doodle.com/poll/syz3xbc5hm8a7gm8

We’re going to be playing Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest, as noted in the poll above. I have not even googled this yet, so maybe it’s a strategy RPG starring all of your favorite junk food brands??? Probably a platformer though.

Salaryman Corner is back on that Mahjong style this week. The game is Super Nichibutsu Mahjong 4 - Kisokenkyuu Hen, which, um. Looks lewd.

I’m still creating ROM packs but in the interest of not getting SB shut down, I’m not putting them directly on the forum anymore. You can find them in the Discord (see below) in the #resources channel. PM me if you can’t find it. Or just yell in the thread, that’s cool. As always, feel free to use your own setup.

As a reminder, we discuss the game based on 5 topics, listed below:

Gun - mechanics of play, essentially
Vanity - look, sound, feel, etc.
Mystery - does this game feel like it has any deeper mysteries? interpret as you will
Poetry - anything particularly striking, visually or word-ually or whatever
Harmony - how does it all come together?

If you’re recording, please play the main game for an hour or so, and take a couple of notes on those 5 topics.

And for Mahjong, seriously, don’t spend more than 5 minutes on it unless you’re really digging it.

Recording is still happening on Discord. I’ve created a channel just for this purpose, it’s also a neat hangout and I added a bunch of emoji for all the games we’ve played already.

Godspeed, Cheeto Warriors

1 Like

for picross np, it might make more sense to do the series as one thing, since they’re just downloaded packs of picross puzzles and are otherwise all the same (afaik)

1 Like

Believe it or not, I love Picross so much that I’d rather do that than a cheeto game. Cheeto game would be fun too though.

1 Like

wonder where that 1 percent came from hmmmmmm

If you do basketball I’ll come on and talk about my favorite basketballers, do play-by-play for the Pacers/Bistons brawl, and go in depth on how I’m on pace to break Wilt Chamberlain’s record while remaining 100% not a pervert.

1 Like

Every time I see or hear about Chester Cheetah I think about @mosesplan in a podcast ep I can’t remember saying “god, DAMN it Chester Cheetah” and it makes me laugh every time

took the words right out of my mouth

replaced em with cheetos

Hell yeah son

if picross happens i wanna be in this

1 Like

There are some differences. I at least remember multiplayer differences between them.

Picross and Chester are neck and neck. I did not expect this!!

i voted basketball, but that was before @HOBO’s threat to talk about real basketball D:

Real basketball to me is NBA Jam and anyone who appeared in pro-wrestling. So the Realest Basketball. I’ve watched like 3 games in my entire life, so I’m an expert!

1 Like

chester-san :frowning:

Last chance to vote! Closing this poll in like, three hours or something!!

I can’t believe this got 27 voters

Picross… Picross!

We need more Picross!

Please somebody think of the children!

A vote for Picross is a wish your heart makes

2 Likes

It’s Chester!!!

I’ll convert this to a recruitment thread soon

I always knew it would be Chester :waynestare:

I actually voted for Chester ( ._.)

Edited thread to make it into a casting call. thanks for voting everyone!!! (sort of)

scroll up to sign up

also did you know there are two chester cheetah games for the SNES? what the actual frig