Voting is over! Casting Call for SNExploration Squad Ep 7 - Chester Cheetah

Shrug mentioned in the discord that apparently the SNES9x emulator that I packed in with the ROM is having audio issues!! Cool. He’s using Retroarch with the SNES9x core and it’s working better, so just FYI if you have issues.

That actually ties in well with this week’s Swan Song because Nichibutsu is the company that invented strip mahjong:

3 Likes

oh shit niceeeee

Just closed the doodle, gonna do this on Sunday at 12-2 PM Pacific

I haven’t played this game yet, but I’m hoping that something more interesting than “what a load of crap this game is” can come out of it. So…try to think of good things???

Specifically, it could be an interesting conversation about branded platformers and maybe comparing them. I’ll try and dig up any history I can on this game as well. Let me know if you have more ideas as well!

The dude who designed this seems to have mostly designed a bunch of pinball tables.

He may or may not be a WAR CRIMINAL.

3 Likes

kusoge arguably brings out the best conversation (I have no example for evidence), so clench yr butts and think about this one

2 Likes

Heads up, it’s possible I might have to drop out of this one because I’m moving house… I’ll let y’all know by Sunday!

That would be very cheesy… FOR YOU!

i hate myself :frowning:

Coincidentally, this also came out today:

2 Likes

It’s out! Should show up on iTunes etc. soon, but here’s the direct download:

Probably our wildest yet, definitely a good bit of talk about cloaca and nubs

2 Likes

My audio with the alternate mic may be atrocious but on the bright side when I ask after Newt Gingrich it sounds like I say “Nude Gingrich”

2 Likes

Yeah, forgot to mention, we had some audio problems so I apologize for the quality! I’ve got a nice background hum going on the whole time :-/

i’m glad you addressed chester’s disgusting giant face. i always hated that.

if he needs a map to get to hip city, are there no roads or signs or public transports leading there? is it some lost ghost town or something?

tony the tiger’s voice actor was an interviewer/commentator on wcw for a short time

2 Likes

do you know if that was before or after he was established as tony’s voice? there’s so much potential there, though I figured he couldn’t work in any overlap what with brand copyrights.

definitely after, he did that for decades according to wikipedia, and the wcw stint was just a few weeks in the 90s

Loki why don’t you join an episode?

I mean other than it probably records at a ridiculous hour for you.

Oh man. The Lucas/Claremont Willow Extended Universe novels. I ripped a name from those that I still use anytime I have to name a female fantasy person.

I really enjoyed this episode! Can confirm: This podcast is super fun to listen to, even when you weren’t on it. The Socks the Cat derail was amazing.

2 Likes

http://s.aliexpress.com/na2ENFJJ

4 Likes