videogame things you think about a lot (Part 1)

i think its SUPER COOL that the COMBO!!! guy gets more excited and yells louder if you do more damage. much videogame things to think about

2 Likes

in animal crossing new horizons, when you catch a man-faced stink bug, your villager says “it reminds me of my uncle.” I do not know why but this fills me with a deep, nameless dread.

11 Likes

The intro to Lemmings 3D

54 views on Youtube. I am literally the only person who thinks about Lemmings 3D a lot

19 Likes

i think about lemmings a lot because the special edition of microcosm came with a soundtrack CD and the back of the box boasts music by ROCK LEGEND RICK WAKEMAN but instead what you get is a couple of tracks from lemmings 2 and puggsy fucking pyramids

2 Likes

No expense spared on the song for that intro

4 Likes

I played the first few levels of the Saturn port recently and thought, wow this really needs to be played with a mouse and keyboard. Do the later stages add interesting twists?

1 Like

I legit liked it a lot at the time. Some of the levels have a twist along the lines of “this block which looks like background dressing is actually part of the required lemming path to complete this level!”, but mostly it’s just good solid logic puzzles with a much better difficulty curve and much less finicky controls than the original Lemmings.

And “first-person Lemmings” mode is just cool. Another of the twists is that sometimes you have to use it to enter narrow spaces your free-floating camera can’t

I only learned years later that it was an utter flop

2 Likes

this particular track from lemmings 2 on the fm towns has been stuck in my head for years

2 Likes

Whenever my boss screws up:

2 Likes

How whenever I’ve been at a nerd event and a Big Boss passes by and I go BOSS and stand at attention they look at me like I’m crazy.

16 Likes

At like PAX 2013 or something, I was at the Metal Gear Rising: Revengance booth trying out the demo. It was just the beginning of the game on the beach, the one with the cat, except they had gigantic watermelon that you could cut up. Of course, I wanted to test the slice-tech and turn that watermelon into slivers. So I just hacked wildly at it for like a full minute, until the game froze and crashed. First time anything like that happened to me. I felt a little embarrassed, like I just trashed the game but I figured no one was really paying attention so it was probably fine. But when I turned around to leave, I saw Hideo Kojima was watching me play. I was totally freaked out by that the rest of the day lol

32 Likes

huge missed opportunity for some finger guns and winking

6 Likes

at that moment, kojima realized he was responsible for a gritty reboot of the ‘fruit ninjas’ franchise

10 Likes

Really hard for me to not hear Travis Touchdown every time Downes uses his regular voice

1 Like

amazingly kojima’s reaction to this was caught on tape

10 Likes

Gaming’s anti-cops hymn

6 Likes

the only problem is when I listen to it this glues itself to my neurons for days

1 Like

I got really into this OST back in 2012 and regularly get all the cool 10 seconds mixtape songs + Mango Tango stuck in my head!

That soundtrack is probably the sole reason I remember Double dragon neon very fondly, I’m still surprised by how much it ruled

1 Like

fox junction

I think it’s the only time WayForward’s presentation over engaging mechanics and level design has worked for me, I’m still happy about the Skeletor bad guy and the high-five co-op system.

3 Likes