videogame things you think about a lot (Part 1)

i think about that account pretty regulary too

it was so cute

11 Likes

Shit. I should have posted this in this thread a long time ago:

Ain’t no point to the game.

7 Likes

in retrospect soulja boy owning jon blow should’ve been my opening post in this thread cuz it’s that good

6 Likes

last week i watched a long play of that game, and i think my favorite is the worm part.

Still bugs me and that is probably why was like that, why not call Killerman, Starkiller? i mean, is a star!
And to think that sentai fucker was killing people in the 30s, is like one of those old hoaxes/creepypastas talking about how the minions are actually from cyklon-B nazi experiments turned out to be true.

But in that case is how jaspion, National man and Kamen Rider are all based in a spandex murderer!

1 Like

It’s really the greatest because Blow is only getting owned by his own pretensions. Actually Soulja Boy is expressing pure, simple delight at a really great game mechanic and anyone not completely up their own asshole would feel pleased that their game made someone so happy.

19 Likes

YOOOOP

2 Likes

The game actually says something like « Because he left a red star on his murder victims, people started calling him… Killerman » and it’s one of the greatest lines in the game IMO

6 Likes

on youtube i think it’s called “Jonathan Blow crying in a dark room about Soulja Boy misunderstanding Braid”

we’ve come full circle

5 Likes

dreaming in an empty room about Soulja Boy misunderstanding Braid

2 Likes

I’m sympathetic; watching people do this to your game isn’t easy and only a barrage of players brutalizing your work can slowly beat it out of you; it means that the communication was misunderstood. It’s like the feeling when you keep repeating yourself to someone and they never hear or understand you. You have to accept that the communication problem, while maybe not entirely your fault, can only be acted upon by yourself, not by trying to change the other person.

in (i think the first?) Timesplitters, there’s a character who is sleeping on the character select screen as his idle animation, but then wakes up when you select him and he says: “…huh? excellent decision.” and my and my friend who owned the game used to say that constantly.

speaking of which gawd Timesplitters is still very underrated. definitely feels ahead of its time as far as being a cartoony/silly shooter. i feel like the sensibility of that game applied to a battle royale type setting is like the exact type of game that would be very successful right now.

11 Likes

Jon Blow had to do years of tai-chi in the park at GDC to make up for this occurrence

3 Likes

absolutely adored the level creator in the first one, best PS2 launch title for my money even though everyone remembers the second

3 Likes

I’m thinking about how much I liked Pillars of Eternity 2 and how much I would love a PoE3!

2 was great if somewhat conservative, the problem is that 1 was terrible and no one played 2

3 Likes

You’re right. And it sucks!!
I heard speculation that the first-person spells-and-swords combat game they announced at the Microsoft event this month is set in the Pillars universe. Which is not enough for what I want, but that’s cool too I suppose.

HAI

Hai hai hai ha-HAH
Ho ho ho ho

He ha he ha

7 Likes

i used to get yelled at by gym teachers in middle school whenever people had to pick teams for doing the wcw thunder ps1 kevin nash character select bit about how you should pick someone else

5 Likes