videogame things you think about a lot (Part 1)

Cassandra is such a cool character. Square aren’t going to do anything like that, it’s too intimidating for the masses

i dont want cassandra in square games! i want her in… other things…

1 Like

“viva nonnon”.

who is nonnon? I thought it referred to like a territory in Sky Kid but apparently it also shows up in the credits to “Family Tennis”.
“Who Did Their Homework (しゅくだいやったか) (Put the Bath [おふろ はいれよ]) -
Viva Nonnon”

I think a couple games actually did this but I often think about Legend Of Scheherazade translating “Kali” into “Curly”. (edit: also, castlevania)

sob, I was scolded

11 Likes

all this talk of female character designs reminds me of when i was playing horizon zero dawn and i commented on how pretty aloy was (i described the game as something like “you play as a pretty girl and shoot zoids with arrows”) and someone commented that she was designed to be less pretty and more …i guess “normal looking” than typical videogame characters or something

1 Like

never playing blue stinger

2 Likes

Another one for me is the way that Harlan Ellison (as the voice of AM) says the name of each character, and the expression on each character’s face as he does so.

2 Likes

this ytmnd has been with me every time i’ve thought about SMW for the past ~15 years: http://smw.ytmnd.com/ (volume warning)

1 Like

the abominable snowman in skifree

5 Likes

Yeah his double god-ing as both AM and the story source really gives a bitter, gnarled strength to their dialogue.

It took me forever to complete this, I’d started a handful of times only doing half a chapter (usually Benny). A little surprised how it lived up to ancient impressions, would’ve really done a number on me had I sat down with it in the 90’s. After King’s Quests, Loom, Indiana Jones ATFOA, etc.

I don’t even like Super Metroid but my mind often thinks about

Also

4 Likes

i think about that donkey kong vhs promo where they interview one of the devs and ITS THE GALAXY AT PEACE GUY

5 Likes

adam sessler being coked up at e3 2013 and constantly stumbling over his own speech

1 Like

I was at a small tabletop gaming con he was at once and I regret not knowing it at the time so I could say hi.

I did talk to the guy who did the web swinging in spider-man 2 at the same con, even though I didn’t know he was responsible for that then.

3 Likes

Dig Dug

3 Likes

This blooper reel.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I played a bunch of story games w/ the spiderman 2 guy a few years back, we had pretty similar taste

2 Likes

came here to post this

2 Likes