videogame music with unusual time signatures

Honestly 2k is still the most aesthetic, and if you want the coolest and most heavily-iterated citysim you should play Skylines

Is it bad that despite seeing all the intricate depth there is to Skylines I really found myself missing a lot of the weird Maxis humor that Sim City had?

1 Like

No I feel exactly the same way, I played Skylines for like four hours and then was like WELP I’M DONE and played the objectively much worse SimCity reboot with the tiny city plots and zero flexibility for much longer. Even though that doesn’t have the humor either! It’s just cuter and easier and more like a mobile game! I’m old and decrepit.

1 Like

4/4, 7/8, 3/4

1 Like

This sounds like its backwards

*I think this might technically be a waltz. But its a hard to tell because the underlying rhythm sorta keeps rolling. Its certainly doing a good job of feeling a bit unusual.

4/4, 15/16

13/8

Yeah, the first half of the line is in 3, and the second half in 4. It’s a beautiful little piece.

I’m relatively certain this is in 7/4?

yup!

Starts in 15/16 ?!

Yeah the opening bit drops a beat it’s very interesting

thought it was just an odd anacrusis at first but yeah, it repeats a few times after the bass comes in; i don’t think i’d ever quite wrapped my head around it

5/4:

7/4: (also manages to play a fairly smooth drum groove over the top)

14+13/8:

14+13/8, 13+12/8: (yes seriously, change occurs at 0:23)

1 Like

5/4:

7/4: (switches to 4/4 at 1:27)

9/4:

11/8: (switches to 4/4 at 1:03; back again at 1:41)

1 Like

watching the conductor in this is a trip

1 Like

Greblin - The Mine Shaft is a heck of a song there.

5/4

Can’t believe I never posted this before.

4 Likes

5/4 again, never noticed this because i’m usually too frantic trying not to die in the last level

1 Like