Video Game Youtube Channels To Watch 📺

IMG_8028

I almost clicked on this because I thought that was Gary Glitter

3 Likes

noclip has obtained a bunch of old game tapes and is uploading the footage here

7 Likes

Aniken

very interesting compilation series of a GTA online server that was populated by basically all of the biggest videogame streamers in japan for a couple weeks some months ago.

the server itself was run by a company that’s famous for doing services (ad videos, merch) for these streamers and another group that’s become famous for organizing tournaments of various games. it was a very loose roleplay server with the streamers getting into jobs (woodcutter, medic, mechanic, cat-café maid) and factions (gangs, the police).

the person who editted this series has done a great job sewing a real, coherent narrative out of the hundreds of hours between all the people who participated so even if you dont know any of the streamers it can still be entertaining.

even if the videos weren’t as good, the concept of this type of server is just sooo interesting to me. obviously its not like, a visionary idea or anything – if i knew anything about EVE online, roblox or other online games like it it wouldn’t feel this novel to me. im sure, though, that this specific type of stuff will be crazy popular among anglophone streamers in a couple months/years

not only do i want to watch more of this type of thing, but im also craving for this roleplay-ey, MMO experience. maybe i should try FFXIV or VRChat one of these days . . .

5 Likes

there are english gta-rp servers that are specifically for content creators and streamers, like you have to pay otherwise to get on them and they’re used as a vehicle to popularize those streamers networks through RP… its how kai cenat became the most subscribed twitch streamer ever. i dunno how many videos they’ve sewn together to make stuff coherent though, but its definitely a thing in the states specifically in GTA online

4 Likes

yeah western streamers have multiple servers like this, xqc and shit were playing on nopixel which naturally lets you pay like hundreds of dollars to skip the queue because americans, and kai cenat who was the biggest streamer on twitch for a while and still might be plays on district 10 with a ton of other streamers. they all got really into the RP

3 Likes

This is still the only videogame YouTube channel I watch, in those rare times when I just want to drink videogame content soup.

The topics are often sensationalist (sex, gore, fear, trauma) but the presentation is completely sterile, which gives it an interesting flavor. There’s no speaking, just captions. The editing is mostly just cutting, zooming, and slow-mo. The writer isn’t trying to construct a high school essay-argument about their point, it’s just a stream of tangents, anecdotes and contradictions, and then the videos just kinda end. And loads of facts and wisdom in there, some of which may not be true or may be badly translated, which only makes it more interesting.

8 Likes