Untitled Goose Thread

You misunderstood. You weren’t locked in together. He was locked in with you.

1 Like

did you feel the same way about the arcade game where you kancho people? i think that game makes it really clear these are BAD PEOPLE ARCHETYPES and in goose game you kinda have to tell yourself they’re bad to feel okay

It’s really neat how they play around with that line; the second area contrasts a meek boy who you absolutely torment for no good reason, and you should feel like a bully, with a mean old grocer lady who makes the boy pay for his own glasses! and is happy to poke you with just a broompole. It read to me as an attempt to keep players from building a karmic excuse for the goose – goose is horrible and chaotic, this is a nihilistic world where moral lessons are only our overlays

5 Likes

Goose is entropy. Goose is inevitable and unstoppable.

4 Likes

They’re all good people as far as I’m concerned, because none of them attempts to kill the goose despite the constant humiliations and higher place on the food chain

2 Likes

the goose is a universally shit on creature, all humans must suffer

like in an animals eyes i feel like all humans living in metal/concrete boxes wasting everything look like supervillians

1 Like

i got the goose game

i am…not immediately feeling it entirely?

i feel bad saying that, but so far it’s like “bring a thing here” and…ok? and some stuff (like making the gardner wear a sunhat) i can’t figure out at all.

but the game is also very low pressure and so i’m happy to just chill with it as an ambient experience.

I’ve never felt this way about a game before. I usually love doing digital pranks. I’ve spent the last 30 years of my life working on a game where you behave like a total shit who makes everyone’s life worse (which is funny, and good). Like wourme mentioned Katamari earlier and I thought this would be a similar level of mischief. But this is so small scale and intimate and quiet. The presentation is very tasteful but your acts are very slightly rude and something about this just stressed me out and turned me into the kinda person I would have wanted to bully to death like 2 years ago.

I can’t wait to get over that so I can enjoy this very good video game.

I also suspect I would have beaten it by now if there was a button that let you take a big ol’ goose shit. If I could be slightly more rude it would probably blow off a lot of tension.

2 Likes

so what you’re saying is it doesn’t cross the line ENOUGH

goose should be MORE GOOSE

5 Likes

why the hell cant you poo anyway geese have such awful turds

i have slipped and fallen in so much goose shit at lake merritt

3 Likes

So why doesn’t the goose in this game have a title anyway, like obviously it is either a lord or Baron or some such

same reason Odin and Yahweh don’t have titles

1 Like

I think the title for a land-holding goose is ‘Goose’

this is about domination
this is about power
this is about destiny
this is about striking into the soft land and claiming territory
the un-titled goose conquering
Goose goose

2 Likes

Here is a photo that I took a few years ago outside the building I worked in at the time. This was as close as I could get before the adult geese chased me off.

8 Likes

Yeah, way to take away the main reason people hate geese. This game is nothing but pro goose propaganda, and the internet is falling for it hook, line, and stinker.

1 Like

I’m in the camp of I enjoy the game and all the pop culture works it has spawned. Its very chill and pleasant but I kinda wished it pushed the stealth or puzzle elements a bit more. Part of the charm is that any failure states are very soft and easily recovered from. I think the biggest criticism I would give it would be the to do list. I kinda wish it tried a bit more to guide the player through its design. I’m the kind of player when given tasks I will be line to complete them rather than explore more naturally.

1 Like

I’ll be honest in that I am tired of the pop culture it has spawned and am waiting for it all to blow over for whatever the next thing is. I am doing my best not to hold this against the game, though I haven’t played it yet.

i like it when the videogame pop culture of the day is geese and not fucking rainbow six operators, or overwatch characters, or other shitty gun men

so i hope it takes longer to blow over because i really dont mind this instead of sigmas feet or some sick headshot video

like fanart of all these violent chars putting down their weapons to chase a goose makes me happy

9 Likes

Yeah, true. I think I have done a pretty good job of removing most of the gun men types from my life, so having the re-intrusion of this type of game meme stuff is just like a reminder of that, if that makes sense. This is totally personal to me, and I don’t hold it against the game, but yeah.

1 Like