Twin Peaks

Sad react :frowning:

2 Likes

Forgot that Brent Briscoe also passed (was in S3 and is with Robert Forster in this scene)
2 Likes

fuuuuuck

1 Like

hi i finished the original series about a month ago and Denise as a character is so buck-wild messy i can’t help but stan

“i still pull on my panties one leg at a time, you know what i mean?” is an incredible line and her look when she’s back-passing as a drug buyer is like… pretty hot

anyway the rest of the show was good, i did kinda spend a lot of time doing picross on my phone in season 2 but the black lodge stuff was sick as expected. though Annie or whatever her name is did feel very like, forced i guess

i haven’t had time to watch FWWM or start on season 3 but maybe today!!

i’m excited for Bobby’s alleged redemption arc coz gee what a shitty kid

also did any of you once say i looked like him in #sbIRC like almost a decade ago?

8 Likes

fwwm so good

4 Likes

fwwm maybe the best horror film of the 90s?

1 Like

fwwm is one of the most viscerally unpleasant films i’ve ever seen. it’s great.

2 Likes

I completely understand why FWWM failed miserably at the box office, and that’s one of the many reasons it’s incredible.

1 Like

FWWM was almost too weird and intense for me. Almost went with my cousin who had not seen any Twin Peaks to it at Alamo Drafthouse. They cancelled. Which was good.

Yeah it rules.

Hopefully in the last 900 posts I hadn’t already mentioned that I took my mom to see FWWM as a midnight movie right before season 3 started. She was really excited that the concessions guy was dressed like Bob.

5 Likes

It is wild to me that people have parents you could watch Fire Walk With Me with.

5 Likes

My parents were way into Twin Peaks when it originally aired (well before me), though neither of them watched season 3 when it came out, though my mom expressed interest in it at some point.

1 Like

denise is so (accidentally) good, and it’s a shame her appearance in s3 is so self-congratulatory, improbable and throwaway. gordon/lynch gets one quotable keeper of a line in, but whether he or frost wrote it, it feels unearned.

please see fwwm and the missing pieces in the best print you can get hands on, they are totally tumblr-beautiful in every shot.

despite it’s winking ironies and humour it’s also the bleakest and rawest telling of the core murder plot (it opens with a television sledgehammer-smashed) so expect it’s themes to probably make an impact on yr mood on the other end of a viewing

3 Likes

ok so FWWM and Missing Pieces are crucial viewing, check. ummm do i gotta watch them before The Return? it’s sounding like i really gotta be in the right space for the films …

You definitely need to see FWWM to understand some of the stuff in s3. “understand” in scare quotes

2 Likes

bwaaa

probably not any easier to get into the right space for the return than it is for fwwm anyway imo

yeah gotta watch it first pbbly

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a couple basic plot points that absolutely depend on the viewer having seen the movie.

The Missing Pieces are also surprisingly important to understanding S3 too.