Twenty Nineteen

I think this is the perfect time to make a joke with the word “chaponese” but I just can’t be arsed

Fair enough; I like them, but the devs must’ve known it’d be somewhat divisive

Love my dry boys

there was a rape joke in one of the earlier dev blogs but seems they back-edited it.

well, that’s not the most encouraging thing to learn about people who were excited to get chapo for VA, but hopefully they’re learning better

I’m looking forward to a few games rn. I’m probably forgetting several but here’s a first list.

Triples

• Death Stranding
  • Sekiro
  • Shenmue III (gonna be the best Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment of the year. Calling it now)
  • Phoenix Point
  • Catherine Full Body

Indies

• In the Valley of Gods (let’s see how this goes with Valve money behind)
  • The Last Night
  • KRZ act 5
  • Disco Elysium
  • More CultSim DLC
  • Thea 2
  • Pax Nova
  • Manifold Garden

Nobody thinks these will release in 19 but it’d be nice if they did

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • Mount & Blade Bannerlord
  • FF7 Remake Part 1

Tentative interest but can wait or need to know more

• Granblue Fantasy Versus
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • RE2Make
  • Ace Combat 7
  • The First Men
  • Rain of Reflections
  • Vane
  • Yiik
  • Iron Harvest
  • The Outer Worlds
  • The new Age of Wonders
  • DoA 6
  • EITR
  • Blasphemous

awww yeah, want that one! What I’ve seen so far looks really promising

hey does anyone know what happened to this?

It’s still in development!

They had a tentative finish date, but now it’s more of a “when it’s done” kind of project it seems

should note that I did not have “January is going to be a celebration of Japanese PS1 games” anywhere in my predictions even two months ago and both AC7 and RE2 are super duper great

A shame there’s no cyberpunk-themed games to look forward to.

1 Like

I think it’s enough to declare a trend that big Japanese releases shuffle just past Christmas. Call of Duty still owns a three-week block around itself in November but western publishers still shoot for August-November.

1 Like

it’s true, we got gravity rush and yakuza 0 and automata all in a row two years ago

edit: and RE7! Geez! I didn’t realize because I’m only just now playing it.

Even Last Guardian felt like that although early Dec. is still technically under the window.

Huh, I guess Nintendo never does this, but then they own their turf so that makes sense.

Breath of the Wild was March after that whole run above, and they owned their turf as little as they ever did prior to its release, so I think it qualifies

Last year was monster hunter, anything else?

I gotta be smarter about money and have pared down my 2019 (or the first six months, anyway) to pretty much Devil May Cry 5, Mortal Kombat 11, maybe Sekiro, and Rage 2.

Said it before and I’ll say it again - a lot of Rage 2 looks like it’ll fill my wailing need for a Titanfall 3 (well, single player I guess). Sure hope that Star Wars game is worth putting off my wall-runnin’ Titan-droppin’ :frowning:

right now I don’t see what’s even remotely appealing about rage 2 but it’s exactly the kind of game that doesn’t register for me until a week after it’s out and then brings me around very quickly

I’m a sucker for games with the right amount of dumb attitude and that let me shoot while double jumping.

1 Like

three words: pink post apocalypse

1 Like