turning 360 degrees and walking away: the xbox thread

so @rudie has been playing 360 games, and i have been playing 360 games, its time for a thread. im making a thread

9 Likes

one thing i gotta try: plugging my ipod into the xbox and listening to king gizzard while playing burnout revenge.

other games i have yet to play:

Dark Void

a game a coworker from long ago worked on, made by former crimson skies developers, coworker mentioned how unreal 3 sucked.

Battlefield Bad Company

apparently they took this game out of online stores and also killed back compatability. never played it

splinter cell something something double agent

no idea. might be fun

bioschlock infinite

will its reputation ruin an objective evaluation? who cares. im here to have a bad time, on purpose.

i will try to rustle up my splitter cables to grab screenshots with my capture device.

1 Like

##gmaes i would like to play

ridge racer 6

the soundrack is bumpin and it has the same physics as, uh, the psp versions.

some armored core of some kind

Too Human

what can i say, im curious

also going to sit and watch one of them “every game for the 360” videos and find some interesting ones

3 Likes

Gotta dipp into Bullet Witch and Lost Odyssey

the game store had a copy of bullet witch but its behind glass and like $$$$$$

They know its true worth then

2 Likes

Play one of the console exclusive Far Cry games with a million subtitles like Far Cry Instincts Predator, and play with the level editor. It’s good.

2 Likes

the original Xbox version of double agent is superior in every way, it’s by the chaos theory team. The Xbox 360 is gay and Im waiting for my parents to buy me a PS3 for Christmas instead. It can’t possibly cost that much money

2 Likes

Ninja gaiden black maybe

Halo 2 original patch and learn to sword fly

2 Likes

very excited to have figured out a (cough) way to replay JSR Future now that i’ve run though all of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and seeing how it still stacks up

1 Like

playing halo 2 on an xbox 360 sort of seems to defeat the spirit of the thing

@Lattice It’s time. Like Prometheus, you must bring the forbidden wisdom to the people

4 Likes

the what

i will probably never be able to play 360 games again but this machine really only exists to play muchi muchi pork. throw a bomb for invulnerability and hug the boss’ body to sweat out as much score as you can while your chosen piggy keeps making anime girl noises to signal every “graze” point you get.

is this awkward? probably.
did i eventually connect this sound to the dopamine rush of milking the stage 1 boss? absolutely.

10 Likes

AKA

:genki: is good :genki:

10 Likes

Bangai-o hd missile fury. I still believe that a lot of people think it’s a remake of the Dreamcast one. It’s more like a sequel to Bangai-o spirits but you don’t have to squint at a tiny screen. I played missile fury first and so I could never really get into spirits. I like that dash makes you invincible which means you can squeeze your way into really dangerous spots and then bomb your way out. It still has a level editor too and unlike spirits you can do 2 player deathmatch (including system link) but I kind of doubt any humans on earth have successfully done this.

The sound/feeling when you do the maximum strength bomb and your xbox almost explodes is one of my favorite in videogames ever (timestamped 8:50)

8 Likes

Faster load times, it was the speedrunner 's choice prior to MCC

As long as you can deal with the occasional screen burn (not really a burn just a graphical glitch)

Also most og xboxes have dead caps by now

aw yeah

12 Likes

Here’s how you emulate 360 games.

Make a folder called xbox 360.
Download xenia-canary (the nightly)
Download XBLA games or giant isos from archive
Open the config file for xenia (launch once) and change that license line to -1
You’re done enjoy 360

Jed can correct my technical terms, but if the game is doing something to fake light exposure it is probably going to be too Dark. This is the main error, that and Xtreme Beach Volleyball’s polygon limits were undefined so it was a bland mess of infinitely long polygons.

Most games work fantastic though. I like xenia’s FAQ which is “X game doesn’t work: don’t bother us.” Just don’t care too much and you can play all sorts of 7.8GB ISOs.

7 Likes

I actually got to the end of my Xbox 360 retrospective when I played Enchanted Arms because Closed wouldn’t shut up about it. It was a perfectly fine normal JRPG from From Software. You kept looking at it “what’s the twist? What’s different?” No different! Just a JRPG set in Yokohama (no resemblance to Yokohama at all). One of the 3 party members is a Japanese style flamboyant gay who is only played for gay-panic at the ending (I checked after playing it for 3 hours.) I immediately soured on the completely normal game in the face of this gay-panic.

Anyways this all got started because I decided I was gonna finally play Zegapain and I did. In short: play Bullet Witch. Bullet Witch OWNS.

6 Likes