Translations and ROMhacks II

sweet

One of the NPCs just told me you can hold down Y to run. I couldn’t find anything on the English internet if that was also true in Goemon 2 (sfc) but I just loaded up the game and yeah wow it’s true, and it makes a huge difference. I wanted to love 2 but some of the jumping seemed so pixel-precise and unfair. It was actually too hard and I gave up but now I guess I should replay it.

2 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Watched a “slowrun” of this smb2j hack last night.

The hack only changes a few mechanics, but I still thought it was pretty interesting. Warp zones don’t go backwards, levels are skipped upon death, and pausing is removed. The main idea is to play as long as possible by maximizing power up state changes and area transitions which pause the in-game timer. Some levels loop endlessly with power up refills, so there is some running laps instead of just…waiting at the flagpole.

I think a romhack with hitstop added and levels designed around this mode might be cool.

3 Likes

a collection of hacks that remove full screen flashing effects to help prevent seizures. good idea

Mega Man 2 - No Full-Screen Flashes Hack
Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger NES (Super Sentai/ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series) No Full-Screen Flashes
Cocoron - Flashing removed by NovaSquirrel.
Willow NES No Flash Hack by JigglySaint
Zelda 2 Redux by ShadowOne333: Reduced flashing during death.
Earthbound MaternalBound Redux hack by ShadowOne333:
Bonus - Pokémon anime: Dennō Senshi Porygon Reedit

13 Likes

Every piece of media before the pokemon episode is “jesus how did we put up with this?”

3 Likes

This updated addendum hack fixes everything by eliminating some glitchy mess, cleaning up some rests, retranslate everything that should get rid from tons of Engrishes that were still present even in the original are now fixed.

I wonder how much rests and from how much engrishes this fixes? Going to check this out later.

2 Likes

big news :slight_smile:

10 Likes
9 Likes

edit: thanks villain for helping!

could someone please help me find the appropriate rom to patch for this:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5732/

i have a truly disgusting collection of N64 roms of all types and am familiar with the endianness problems and with tool64 which can check endianness for these roms. i just absolutely cannot locate the rom this patch wants anywhere on the internet. even converting using tool64, i can’t get a matching checksum no matter what

i’m not sure what is going on here, i am pretty confused and frustrated. did the author just make a non-working patch? why would you make a patch for a rom no one can find? or… what is going on here lol

i have spent the last 90 minutes working on this and i’m tearing my hair out trying to understand why this rom is straight ghosted. i like golf games ok! i really like n64 games!!!

thus far i have for sure tried:
no-intro big-endian
no-intro byteswapped
all 5 dumps from goodn64
various conversions to and from different formats via tool64

and i still don’t know what the fuck is going on. checksum error every time

i know i am looking for the md5/sha-256 match, that is posted in the link and readme. none of the roms match! what is going on

(eta: this is patched. i just patched the rom from the no-intro big endian set and it worked, tested fine in whatever core i have downloaded for retroarch).

1 Like

This game looks kind of bad, but if anybody wants to try out something different for October, here you go.

2 Likes

hey thank you!

this is a thing i guess

5 Likes

lol “dyad fusion”

been a while but i think that’s ripped straight from the official ios translation, ha

a new attempt at implementing a translation for baroque (saturn)

9 Likes

timely~!

4 Likes