a title with potent chaotic energy

6 Likes

http://nudua.com/gbsavestates

patch save states into game boy roms for use with everdrive gb

rude

6 Likes

smt nine!!

2 Likes

I guess this isn’t really hack come to think of it?

3 Likes

found another motherlode
http://jiggawatt.org/badc0de/index.html
tons of stuff here, music players, hacks, recreations
these are the sites i’m looking for!

3 Likes
8 Likes

with this and napple tale suddenly coming out in fairly quick succession, i wonder if there’s been some kind of recent breaktrough in dreamcast hacking

also @Sakurina we have a whole thread for this stuff!

4 Likes

I follow this thread already but I somehow missed that post!

ACK why do saturn cd drive emulators have to be so expensive!!!1!

I posted patched iso’s into the axe thread if anyone wants to :eyes:

7 Likes

ugh

That’s such a weird approach to game history, like if you took a 70’s martial arts film that never got an English translation and intentionally gave it a poorly translated, badly acted, cheaply recorded dub just to try be faithful to an older era’s unfaithfulness.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems like if you wanted to spoof that era of localization you’d just make your own game instead of wasting everyone’s time. This is pretty lame.

Alternate take: translating a game that nobody else would touch because it’s considered impossible to translate by applying the weird and sometimes whimsical approach of incredibly resource-and-time-limited translations from the 90’s is actually a GOOD thing

(this translation is probably awful but this was my first reaction)

7 Likes

Yeahhhh I think I gut overreacted instead of just kinda rolling my eyes a little. Making a players guide is cute.

1 Like

Yeah I think this is cool.

Anyone complaining can spend 5 years learning Japanese alleviating the problem entirely.

1 Like

E for Everyone

This game is from 1989, the ESRB didn’t form until 1994. Wikipedia suggests the “Everyone” rating was “Kids to Adults” before 1998.

7 Likes

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

2 Likes