trading cards you like

Enough of the Magic planes are rich enough to support all kinds of spinoffs imho. Kinda wish they’d whore it out a little like Games Workshop does with WH40K

2 Likes

related: they’re called “burn” spells, and the red mana symbol is fire, but like 80% of them refer to lightning

1 Like

Da share zones card game y’all.

I caved and pledged

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gwent/images/f/fa/Flaminica9.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/732/height/989?cb=20171222140237
Look how cool this chick is

5 Likes

g-ddamn

the crosspost you have been waiting for

arcaneflight273119131180

15 Likes

After the ugliness of the Aftermath cards Wizards have done a really good job with Sagas.

In general it gives the impression they have put more effort in this set that in recent ones.

5 Likes

Yep yep yep
I love how the art echoes the theme of history and ancient tales, stories told and remembered not through words but through tapestry, songs or monuments

Played through the core campaign of Arkham Horror with my sister the past week and really enjoyed it. Just opened up the first expansion to build a deck (for this character Jim Culver whose trumpet can make the dead dance?)

Really love this card, and also the concept in the game where your character has a weakness built into their deck which you can draw and suffer from.

2 Likes

a pro tip is that if you get the core game + the first expansion you have just enough cards to play 3 players if you make sure to span all 5 classes between you, even though officially you only get 2 players from the base game without just buying an identical set of everything

the game is a little overpriced otherwise in that respect & in the price of the individual campaigns but the first full expansion is 100% worth buying for that reason

1 Like

I think I’ll eventually end up with another core set to flesh out deck building options (I’m unfortunately somewhat used to the FFG multi-core shame purchasing now…) but until then my sis is thinking of investing in one for our collaborative play. We’re likely gonna stick as two players but I was considering playing the first scenario in the core with my new deck solo to see how that feels, and expand to more players after I’ve a few more packs/campaigns down the line.

I’m hoping to eventually catch up with the releases and hopefully maybe get some of those packs at a discount eventually (book depository was a great place to get cheap netrunner packs a couple years back, so I’m hoping to find a similar lucky cheapish place to grab em). but yeah, I’m pretty sold on the mechanics and flow of things from that first campaign.

Man how do they do beautiful, evocative art like that. And then also deliver a card with art like that flying cat? :persevere:

What’s odd to me isn’t so much that there’s a card with a flying cat on it, but rather that it wasn’t a white card, when all the flying cat decks I’ve seen have been mono white.

1 Like

To be clear, I am ok with the concept of a flying cat. I don’t think the art is good.

1 Like

*adjusts glasses
actually while a flying cat would be mono white, granting flying through auras is something white and blue do about equally well in the modern color pie, so
*pole wraps around my neck and pulls me off stage

2 Likes

that’s wild, i think the arcane flight art rules

also i didn’t know arkham horror card game was a thing, does it rule

it’s pretty good actually! like I said, questionable value, maybe not as interesting as pandemic legacy, but it works way better than actual arkham horror

Another tip is to always make up contextual justifications when you’re burning cards for +1 boosts to your roll rather than using the card itself, because that’s a frequent mechanic, and trying to rationalize how it might work is great

Oh I’m definitely aware of that but given that Ixalan block reprinted Favorable Winds, they probably should have gone with mono white for the flavour win in this set

I’m enjoying it a bunch for sure. The shut up & sit down vid review does a good job of highlighting the good parts, particularly how enjoyable (and well designed) the disaster is.

1 Like