Oi oi oi I gotta a urt in ere
Oi oi oi I smell a ting is near
Gonna bosh, gonna nosh
An the hurt’ll disappear

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

the effect is bad but the art is great

I really like the Magic cards that tell just a tiny story, like the weapons in Nier. Sadly WotC is going the Marvelverse way with current MtG

7 Likes

Llorwyn and Shadowmoor had so much great art. Was the last time people like Richard Kane Fergusson got to make art for the game. Pity that now they have a style guide they enforce with an iron fist artist with unique style are less used.

One of the few ones Bryan Talbot drew. The image and the text impressed my mind as a kid. I still keep the card as use it as a book marker.

2 Likes

11 Likes

“The honey it drools from it’s mouth smells so atrocious, it can curl noses from more than a mile away”

2 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

thread reminded me of the golden age of trading cards, where every movie even remotely aimed at children had its own series of cards

It was a crazy time. I still have a good chunk of Shadowfist cards around.

And yeah, Homelands is reviled.

Ihsan, the weak. Ihsan, the fallen. Ihsan, the betrayer. He has brought shame to the Serra Paladins where none existed before. May his suffering equal his betrayal.

But damn if it didn’t have a lot of flavor. I had to play with piles of chaff and even then Homelands cards were meh. But they do evocate a grim world.

These were always my favorites. I still have my collection, too.

4 Likes

i can smell these from here

1 Like

screenshot credit @DewGoddess4_2_0

3 Likes

Early YGO cards had a great monster aesthetic. Nowadays it looks like everything is wearing a robot suit or something?

my god I’ve become one of those gen one pokemon snobs

1 Like

I have this one framed.

5 Likes

This may be my favorite Magic: The Gathering illustration, Plague Spitter (I also like the name):

9 Likes

can’t be a snob to trash BRING IT YUGI

2 Likes

Rom, is that you?

1 Like