trading cards you like

Some of my favorite flavor text:

1 Like

LOOK AT HIS LITTLE FAT PAWS

4 Likes

Now that I am older I realized I am not actually a fan of pokemon designs in general. I am a huge fan of Ken Sugimori though!

found some sailor moon cards in the cupboard

5 Likes

It’s unplayable (except for the hilarious Academy Rector combo) but I like how this is one of the most “I hate you” cards ever printed.

“Trash your hand and all you have on the table to slap your opponent”

The Bryan Talbot art is just the icing of the cake.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh man Rescue Rabbit

The dignity

Can’t it be both?

Terese Nielsen’s art is something I’ve grown to appreciate more and more over the years, and this is definitely the card that will get you the most lands, and I like that.

ACTUALLY I KID, the only good Magic card is this one:

(Limited time offer. Void where prohibited. Limit one per purchase. Valid only in participating duels. This coupon is nontransferable and invalid if shattered, crumbled, detonated, pillaged, or otherwise disenchanted. Cash value less than 1/20 of a cent.)

[adjusts pedant glasses] Actually, that appears to be a very specific (and expensive) answer to alternate casting-cost spells, like miracles and Force of Will.

As an aside, few things delight me more than reams of neural-net Magic cards. They do the exhaustive exploration of already-existing designs that real expansions don’t and that I always want them to.

e: Oh, huh, Path of Bone appears to have been Disenchanted.

1 Like

That’s exactly why Path of Bone is clearly the best procedurally-generated card- it only firmly restates a basic rule of a game and ends up having a clear, functional purpose in restricting subversions of said rule. The name is only a few degrees from being connected to said purpose, too.

Wow, that’s an amazing card

Blacker Lotus, and to a lesser extend the entirety of Unglued, for being genuinely hilarious (I wish they’d reprint another joke set)

Judgment Dragon, because LS was my first YGO deck and it’s nostalgic

Fluffal Mouse, and Fluffals as an archetype for generally being a fast deck with good OTK potential, but mostly because they’re incredibly cute

Rescue Ferret, because… yeah

Vampire Hunter, because I’m a huge Castlevania fan, and Konami’s nods to their game series’ are pretty prominent in YGO

Bow of Nylea, because I ran green control back in Theros and it’s a super good utility

I could probably fill pages with cards I like so I’m going to stop here

3 Likes

Omg rescue ferret

3 Likes

I love a lot of the Netrunner promotional alt arts.

I also very much enjoy the flavour text on this card:

It’s written in ITA2 and says:
“Harbinger: I AM BECOME DEATH
Apocalypse: THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS”

and also obligatory Princess Space Kitten

4 Likes

4 Likes

The design of those cards just makes me itch. I think because it looks like the from-your-hand card is half obscured by the from-your-graveyard one? I want it out of the way.

1 Like

Amonkhet has very dubious card design decision in the frame department. The Masterpieces are specially ugly. I mean.

2 Likes

The first time I saw one of these I thought it was a joke.

IMOOOOTIWORSHITIO
NOOIMIERCHANRTAERTIO

3 Likes

wow I just looked closely enough to realize that’s Magic

oof

I thought it was a Yu-Gi-Oh knockoff

You know it’s been a long long time but I still think haven’t gotten used to the new border frames. They’re still real darn ugly and they look like dated CG now