touhou music thread

I have probably listened to this song and it’s various remixes several hundred times since last October, so yes

And back on topic
1 Like

Around 2006, I came across a site with some folders containing a bunch of arranged ZUN songs. I downloaded a few at random, and two albums that I especially liked and still listen to periodically are by a group called Love Machine (LOVEマシーン). Most of the songs are arranged by someone named Tomoe Mizuki. Unfortunately, I can’t find any sources to link to here. I also haven’t been able to track down their other albums. The ones I have are called Strawberry_Cranberry and Iris.

https://vgmdb.net/album/10542
https://vgmdb.net/album/10543

Also, someone I know once asked for songs that last ten minutes for a video that he was putting together. I suggested an eleven-minute track from ZUN’s “Famicom Style” Perfect Cherry Blossom album. He ended up using several different songs, but started with part of the song I had suggested. Over the years, he’s had a fair number of inquiries about the song.

It’s a good album, but I also don’t have a link handy for anything from it other than the video I mentioned:

1 Like

I recently came across a bunch of music by a group called DDBY. I really like some of it. Apparently the full songs are aggressively taken down when posted on Youtube, but there are official samplers. This one is from a nice album called RelaxTime 2:

Oh, wait. Here is a video that includes eight full albums from one of their series called Cafe de Touhou (which is a good series):

I like some of their cover art, such as the art for Synth de Touhou 1:

I think I found the Twitter account of the artist for this one, but there is not a lot of art posted on the account.

https://twitter.com/i_moyuru

Edit: I was just too Twitter-ignorant to notice until just now that there is a Media tab. There is a lot of art posted on the account.

1 Like

DDBY has great calm jazz and piano arrangements and their album art is extremely cute. The cafe de touhou albums are quite focus music for me.

I was going to make a post about C96 and the various crossfades but that was like 2 months ago and now I can’t remember any of them except for the couple classical arrangement albums that TA music put out

ah well

Also I don’t listen to a lot of vocal arrangements but this has been stuck in my head lately

1 Like

Oh! Create! Unsurprisingly I really love the final boss theme for the new game

It just jumps right back into theme of eastern story midway through like ZUN just dont give a fuck.

Also enjoying the character theme remixes for the new spinoff game. Combining Yuugi’s stage theme and boss theme is ideal

Important video:

1 Like

really like this arrange of Broken Moon
feels like a main theme
1 Like

40nix is releasing a full album of their chiptune stuff, gonna be sold physical before it goes on their bandcamp
the cross-fade sound great
1 Like

Found this nico nico user with a bunch of really spot on touhou style original compositions through a tactics fan game that used some of their music.
I uploaded the title theme to youtube, might upload a few more later.

The rest are here because even though you can get them all off nico nico you need to download individually and the files are unlabeled so its kind of a pain

1 Like

Active NEETs are revisiting some of the older games. The melodies in ESoD really are well suited to this jazz medley style

New orchestral arrangement album too

1 Like

aaaaaa

2 Likes
1 Like

Just remembered this thread exists so here’s the last year of touhou music I enjoyed enough to like on youtube

Unsurprisingly the neets are still at it. This is probably one of their best ever arranges

Shockingly good final boss medley from the sillvagunner youtube channel

I didnt know people were still making this kind of video, especially for lesser known songs like this, but its one of my favorites from PCB so not complaining

Another good channel that recently started putting out chiptune touhou covers

The rare cheesy vocal cover that I actually get into

AI generated touhou characters got popular on twitter a few months back and some folks ended up making BOTH danmaku patterns and music for one of them, which kinda rules

2 Likes

Hey this friday night funkin touhou mod is really cute

Despite having never played fnf itself I love both the sprites and the remixes in this, strong work on fitting the visual style and audio style of the original game

Also I just appreciate the continued legacy of making touhou maps for ddr / stepmania that are way harder than the base game

2 Likes