🐻 BOX BUDDIES 🐻

stay… tuned…?

16 Likes

this picture makes me feel #sleepypunk

4 Likes

this is mesmerizing to look at

1 Like

I love the bushes

menu design is hard and i don’t have much experience with it yet. hmm.

6 Likes

The particular title is eluding me, but I know I’ve seen some older games, likely Game Boy ones, which used a similar above-the-dialog approach for portraits when they were lacking in space.

I love how the g and y in the last lines dip below the dialogue box. That’s a nice touch.

2 Likes

I realized what game I was thinking of, and boy did I have the system wrong!

i spent around half an hour tweaking that so i’m glad it was worth it, heh

1 Like

this did not turn out as well as i imagined

this is my fourth fully implemented font in the engine what am i doing with my life

i finished coding the dialogue engine and menu logic today at least

I think if you just make the ‘t’ less heavy (compress the two two-pixel-wide parts), and nicen the curves on the ‘c’ and ‘e’ it might work? Maybe? The ‘f’ is a bit heavy too I guess.

Lol is it intentional? I thought it was an overflow mistake

fite me

Nah, make your videogames however you like.

What’s the game about?

4 Likes

the bad news is that i’ve definitely fucked up the rendering engine

the good news is that i have the cover of my next album now

4 Likes

OK I FIXED IT YOU GUYS

YUP IT’S DEFINITELY FIXED NOW

7 Likes

Well you made some pretty ill new desktop backgrounds

1 Like

I think shining force does this too. In fact I think I copied the style for my own game. I should probably post that on here someday.

Haley, what are you using to build this game? Are you making it all from scratch?

i use the construct 2 engine as a backend for most of my stuff, though right now i’m also trying to do a little webGL/perspective math fuckery and it’s pretty far outside my area of expertise. for the last few hours i’ve just been throwing random numbers into a function to see what gets me closer to what i’m looking for, truly the most advanced and forbidden programming jutsu

4 Likes