🐻 BOX BUDDIES 🐻

still working on menus.

4 Likes

i’ve been keeping this game under wraps for too long i think. to help fix that, i’d like you all to meet our newest character, Waddlesnooze! why don’t you introduce yourself, buddy?

oh, it looks like he’s gotten tuckered out, the poor guy. well, i guess we’d better not disturb him. better luck next time, folks!

7 Likes

I was five years old when my parents found out I was a breeder.

I can remember it very clearly. I had an imaginary friend, a pink elephant named Bubbles. My parents thought this was cute until they could see him too.

My mother said it wouldn’t be safe for me to stay at home, or go to school with “normal kids.” She said I’d be going to a school that was kind of like Hogwarts, because it was full of magical, gifted children like me. There were tears in her eyes. I never saw her again.

I was taken to a building full of cameras and uniforms and white walls and fluorescent lights. I lived with eight other kids around my age (the oldest was ten when I first arrived), where we had a cafeteria, and a gym, and what I understand to be relatively normal classes like reading and algebra and Sunday school. Our heads were shaved and we wore small patches on our heads and chests whose purpose I could only guess at.

For ninety minutes each day, except on Sunday, I was taken into a room with mirrored walls and a large glass tank filled with salt water. They gave me a word or phrase, submerged me in the tank, and had me visualize whatever it was as hard as I could. First, it was Bubbles. As the years went on my assignments got more advanced: they gave me a children’s book and had me think about a character from it, or Biblical characters I learned about in Sunday school, stuff like that. Eventually they had me thinking about soldiers and weapons. Of course, by the time they let me out of the tank, whatever mental image I had would usually be there in the room with me, subdued by the staff and then taken away.

This was my life until I was sixteen. I’m grateful to Lucy for freeing me, but adjusting to things out here in the real world, in the Druidic Order… it’s been even harder than you’re probably thinking. Sometimes I have a nightmare that’s too strong for any of our trainers or hunters to deal with and we have to move our camp in the middle of the night just to keep safe. I do my best to keep my imagination in check, but I still worry that my friends blame me for the actions of my tulpas.

Anyway, you wanted to know what it was like to be a breeder, and I’m guessing this isn’t the most helpful explanation, sorry. The short answer is that it’s a burden, obviously. I’ve had to write this in stretches of five minutes at a time, for fear of visualizing too hard. I doubt I’ll ever be able to pick up painting, or music, even. Not until the world changes in a big way. But then, that’s what Lucy’s been working towards for all these years, so… I’m doing my best to stay positive.

All the Best,
Marie

2 Likes

One of the first breeders we have on file was a man named John Patmos back in the early 2010s. What initially appeared to be symptoms of schizophrenia and hypnagogic hallucinations were, of course, the signs of an awakening breeder, though we had no way of knowing that back then. In those days, it took extreme effort for even the most potent breeders to reach the Manifestation Phase; in Patmos’ case, it apparently took years to manifest a single tulpa. We figured out relatively quickly that the process could be accelerated with psychoactive drugs, but regrettably lost Mr. Patmos in the process.

Killing the tulpa proved extraordinarily difficult. Hunters and trainers didn’t exist yet, nor did any of the foundational work of modern physiomemetics; and of course, conventional weapons were useless. Even finding the thing was a pain in the ass, as was covering up the trail of bodies it was leaving. It had apparently figured out how to feed on the attention of others before it had even finished incubating, using puzzles and cryptic messages left on seemingly unrelated websites to maximize the amount of time other people spent thinking about it. This kind of resourcefulness was likely what allowed it to exist at all so early in the twenty-first century, as a Category I; had it manifested today, I suspect we would be looking at a Category IV or worse, and an unusally intelligent and malicious one at that. Stuff like that keeps me up at night; thank God they never assign breeders to work the archives.

Anyway, it obviously took a few months for the government to start taking the Patmos problem seriously; as in, you know, “presidential security briefing” seriously. And once we did, throwing more intelligence agency resources at figuring out what was going on only made the thing stronger and nastier. We were willing to try the most absurd solutions to deal with an absurd problem; apparently we even hired a few philosophy PhDs to try and convince the tulpa it didn’t exist (most of them were eaten). It wasn’t until we found our second breeder that we managed, with a lot of time and painstaking effort, to manifest and train a tulpa that could kill it and not pose an even greater threat afterwards.

That’s all I’ve got so far. As far as your initial query about any clues to the origin of the Animistic Force or its apparent accelerating expansion: no luck yet unfortunately. Dave’s out of the office until Tuesday, which is slowing things down, plus some of these records are still kept on hard disk drives if you can believe that.

Jeff Dunningham
Archivist, Goldwater Branch
FOR INTERNAL DISTRIBUTION ONLY

1 Like

Tom,

I know it was you using a cryogenic sleep pod as an ice chest last week (yes, before you ask: Beth told me). I don’t care if it was New Year’s or the fucking Second Coming, you are driving up our power bills more than you know and hurting our professionalism besides. This is strike number two.

Dave Dougal
Systems Maintenance and Information Technology, Goldwater Branch

Clarence,

The prototype works. We took the template your breeder gave us and managed to get the thing to play nice with our plasma cartridges. One of our trainers gave it some smooth jazz and reading material so it would stop pouting during extended testing. I made a ray gun. A talking ray gun. It can shoot out whatever color laser I tell it to and will melt through steel when properly motivated. I fucking love my job.

Henry DuPont
Ballistics Research, Redwood Branch

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Yesterday the terrorist group calling itself “The Druidic Order” made another attack on the town of New Haven. Their ringleader, “Lucy,” and twelve co-conspirators summoned a giant swine with a sign around its neck reading “THIS IS YOU” to march towards the capitol building, destroying homes and gas and water lines along the way. Early reports have classified this as a Category III tulpa. Four trainers and two hunters were lost before it was subdued; their loss will be mourned.

The Druidic Order’s history of property damage, instigation of political instability, and disregard for human life is well documented. Their connections with the mushroom-men drug rings north of New Haven, led by the infamous kingpin “Papa Cap,” can only be condemned in the strongest terms.

If you have any information on The Druidic Order or yesterday’s attack, please call our Tip Line.

Press Department
Ark Labs LLC

Pokemon + SCP Foundation???

1 Like

2 Likes

god i keep looking at the glumbo designs and they are all my special children and i love them

this game is going to more-or-less literally ooze personality

you guys are gonna get personality all over you

▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄

░█▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ░▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░▒█ ░▒█░░ ░▒█░░ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ░▀▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄

▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█
▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░▒█ ▒█▄▄▀
▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░▒█

▒█▀▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▄▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█
▒█░▄▄ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀▄▄
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▄█

▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▀▄▒▄▀ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▄ ▀█▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█
▒█▀▀▄ ▒█░░▒█ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░ ▒█▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀▄▄
▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▄▀▒▀▄ ▒█▄▄█ ░▀▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▀ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▄█

█▀█ █▀▀█ ▀▄▒▄▀ ▀▄▒▄▀
░▄▀ █▄▀█ ░▒█░░ ░▒█░░
█▄▄ █▄▄█ ▄▀▒▀▄ ▄▀▒▀▄ :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Messing around with colors, probably the last of the GameArt™ that’s gonna be here until we have something a bit more put together
So be prepared to get sticky 'cause personality gets real messy

3 Likes

the soundtrack’s really coming along you guys

1 Like
new gameplay mockup

1 Like
more concept art for the battle system

2 Likes

I take it cubes are

bad

but I must know the ontological status of

ORB

What? A sphere? Are you insane?! That’s infinite vertices! No one could handle that kind of power!

The only capture spheres that exist are the planets, a̻̗nd à̖̩ll is̴̞̜̘͈̖̣ͅ c̨͉̱̯̫͙̤o͇͙̥ṋ͇̰̫̟t̠͇̬͎̙a̤̟̙͈i̪̼͖̠n̸̼̟͎̞͇͚̘e̗̗d͏͚ͅ w̠̣͘i̭͔̫̻̹̪ṯ̸̼͓́͡h̵̸̲ͅį̯̤͙͘͡n̘͓ ͍͓t͢҉̥̤͉͚̞͓h̹͉͟͡͡e͉̰͜i̵̼̝̺͓͈̫̺͉̭r̵̪͔͓͈̘̟̖̙ͅ ̢̻̩̩̲͚́̕i̥̳̘̗̩̼͝͝ņ̮̖̘̖̮̹̭͇͈̻͍̝̤̹̻̞͓͘͜f̸̶̮̱̤͉̜͓̲͢i̷̦͎̙̗̩͔̫̺̲̬͎͉̫͖ͅń̷͓̩͇̬͇̳͙̫͕̯͟ͅi̵͏͏̸̰̱̬̪̺̹̗̗̖̗̰̲͉̯̗̲̗͇ͅt͏͙̗͉͔̣̙̼̠͟e҉̷̛̻͍͎̝͓̣͚̘͙̼̬́ ̙͎͕͈̺̤̱̺͢͢ṕ̢̛̲̤͙͍͎̘̳̟̜͙ó̡͚̦͇̻̼̞̫̫̥̭̺̪̹̻̬͔̮͠͠t̸̶̟̞̝̞̮̞̯̳̰̭̼̫̙̮͚͜ͅȩ̷͙͍͇͎͇̯͉̗͔͍́͠͡ṇ̸̡̢̡̘̥͇͇̪͜ͅt̵̢͉̤̹͈̙̗̟̺͖̯̘͍̖̺͉͔̩͢i̵͢͢҉̨̫̬̼͉͈̥ͅa̹͓͍̭͎͔̘̤̫̲̙̳̤̟̣̕͢l̵̶҉̼̜̣͜

the maths to calculate those volumes

to touch limits of infinity

we are stretched beyond

1 Like

The ancient Egyptians built the pyramids in an attempt to create the simplest possible channel to The Beyond, but their attempts failed due to their asymmetry. Two additional faces and we have a minimum viable product–and thanks to Moore’s Law, we’ve brought the size way down in the last few thousand years!

1 Like

yeah but what about