Tiger Handheld Games & Friends

SKANMASTER

I thought this was some kind of barcode battler thing but it turns out it’s a toy-to-life thing where you have to scan in action figures. A bit annoying because I’m sure the figure was at the thrift store I bought this from but I didn’t get it. So now I have a search on ebay… right now there is a sealed figure for $30 which is too much and also i dont like the character design, and another person is selling 15 figures for like $100 which again no thanks. will keep people updated.

oh you can also plug different carts/games into the system. the one included is a digimon type thing where you train your figure and battle with other ones.

WRESTLEMANIA

I love the little LCD andre the giant! i was hoping to play as him but you have to play as hogan instead, boo. A pretty simple game, you have to time your attacks right to counter andre, and also look out behind you for the million dollar man who throws chairs and money bags at you. simple but fun, plus i like the lcd andre the giant.

BIG FOOT

i thought this would be a generic driving LCD game but it has some neat ideas. in the first level you dodge cars, grab tyres from the left, and put them on the right. then once you have the four tyres, you turn into BIG FOOT and can jump over hurdles and try to score more points in round two, then in round three cars come back and you can crush them! so they knew what the people wanted to do in a monster truck. unfortunately in practice its quite clunky, mainly because there is brake and acceleration and that stuff is far too hard to gauge with LCD graphics and it becomes frustrating hitting things because you were either going too fast or too slow but weren’t sure of it

WIZARDS AND WARRIORS

not bad! you dodge spiders and bats and attack enemies and wait for keys to appear so you can get three to unlock the door to the boss which you beat with some well timed attacked. it gives you HP instead of lives and is very generous with it. after you beat the boss, you do the same thing again except enemies are faster etc. i kinda like how they try to condense action adventure stuff into a single screen LCD… even if it wasn’t that succesful

TAPTAP

this is some new fidget toy thing i saw in a thrift store. as a fidget toy i think it’s pretty useless because the point of those is that you don’t have to look at them while you fiddle, but as a portable game thing it’s neat. it has a bunch of different games built-in that uses the squares as the screen and the light up different colours. the squares are also buttons and can be used in some of the games, or the joystick at the bottom is used. all the games are pretty basic stuff, but i still think it’s neat

if anyone wants pics of particular machines in action (assuming my ones work) let me know

1 Like