the x-files

The werehuman episode aside, the revival was basically a much worse version of Torchwood: Miracle Day.

That werehuman episode is like a new classic now though

1 Like

Which is saying something because damn, Miracle Day was a steaming turd.

Would you guys prefer a reboot of x-files with new actors cast as Mulder and Scully or would you guys rather have a soft reboot, where original Mulder and Scully maybe pass the torch on to new agents?

Personally, neither. I’d rather it have been left the hell alone.

But then, I thought it should have ended after season 7.

1 Like

Yeah the new X-Files eps were exactly as bad as I had been prepared for by lifelong fans of the show.

That amazing werehuman episode was actually a repurposed script from a Night Stalker reboot that never came to be. The old script is available online (PDF).

If you ask me, that episode seeing the light of day was worth everything else, but still.

1 Like

who feels brave enough/bored enough to dip back in tonight, lol

the advance reviews say the first one is bad but closes out some plot stuff and then the rest of the season is at least a step above 10 which is a pretty low bar i guess? i’m curious

1 Like

Man, I dunno. If there are any more aborted Kolchak episodes, I’m in. If it;s all myth arc shit, uh…

I forgot about it or I’d be watching right now ;_;

They pulled a final episode of Roseanne on that last cliffhanger. It’s to get that whole plague out of the way for some one off episodes through so it’s for the greater good.

They did a clever thing with the DVDs a while back. You could buy the complete series, or do it by seasons, as usual. But then they went with a split strategy.

They repackaged all the myth arc episodes together as a series of volumes, that you could just watch straight through as a continuing story. And then they repackaged all the motw episodes, that – ARE YOU O.K.?! BUSAAAA WURRRFFF!

It was aight. Clunky as hell but not as bad as s10e01.

I was the biggest X-Files fan ever but I swear I could not follow what the fuck was going on in the season premiere/finale arc. That hidden track on the movie soundtrack is the only time any of that shit made any kind of sense. Maybe watching it through in that order would help rather than the slow drip as it was originally broadcast.

1 Like

Although like I think I said last year in this thread, the correct way to watch the X-Files is by pairing each episode with the correct lead-in episode of Mantis, Brisco Country Jr, Vr5, Strange Luck, Space Above and Beyond, Millennium, or Harsh Realm.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Earth2 and SeaQuest: DSV

2 Likes

That’s NBC Sunday night!

I wish my SeaQuest podcast was still online.

1 Like

Embarrassingly I missed most of Brisco County Jr’s original run because I was more into Viper. I’m not sure which option was the most Detroit.

1 Like

At least the X-Files twitter account dropped a Harsh Realm reference.

Should I watch this shit?

I don’t have it in me.